Millwall Vs. Peterborough

Guest sheridans_world

Guest sheridans_world

Millwall won a penalty.

Alexander steps up, the keeper saves it and the liner says the keeper was off his line.

Penalty gets retaken by Alexander, the keeper saves it and the liner again says the keeper was off his line.

Millwall then decide that they have to change kickers, because Alexander has had two penalties saved, Martin steps up and scores.

Personally, I dont think Millwall should have been allowed to change their kicker. The thing that annoys me is that the keeper was off his line for the third penalty, now regardless of whether the penalty is scored or not, the keeper is still off his line. It SHOULD have been retaken again...

The thing that annoys me is that the keeper was off his line for the third penalty, now regardless of whether the penalty is scored or not, the keeper is still off his line. It SHOULD have been retaken again...

If the rules are as of old, it should not have been retaken. If the encroachment is by the defending team then it is either retaken or a goal, as is the case. On the opposite side of the coin, if it is by the attacking team then it is either retaken or a save. More simply, it is just the advantage ruling.