Experience or inexperience manager ?

I firmly believe we need to go for a manager with experience and not inexperience....

We have "enjoyed" three seasons with a inexperienced manager and have "enjoyed" the ups and downs with come with having a inexperienced manager. New managers need to learn how to apply their trade and in a industry where you are giving little time to learn this trade I think it would be a huge mistake to take on another inexperienced manager....

I wince at the comments which were made about shez having been given "enough" time... Three years is now considered to be a long time in football.. I think Shez learnt a lot from this season and will come out better for it. But we won’t see the benefits of this learning exercise as he is off to another club. I think a similar thing happened with Dowie and Ritchie for example who enjoyed success after early management life with us.

If we haven’t got the patient to stick by a manager for 4,5 or 6 years then I think we need to go for experience and someone who can make bigger impacts more quickly.

Just wondering what people think ?

Edited by oafc0000

We went down the 'experienced' route with Wadsworth, Talbot and Moore.

Not to say we shouldn't, just that it doesn't necessarily work out.

I think the term "experienced" applies loosely to Wadsworth... His biggest claim was assistant up at Newcastle wasnt it...

Talbot had only had one other club and to be fair to Moore he would of done well with us if his style of play was to our fans liking...

I am not looking for grantees... My reasoning was stated above and is down to the length of time available (or lack of it) to a new person to learn the trade...

Edited by oafc0000

I think the term "experienced" applies loosely to Wadsworth... His biggest claim was assistant up at Newcastle wasnt it...

Talbot had only had one other club and to be fair to Moore he would of done well with us if his style of play was to our fans liking...

I am not looking for grantees... My reasoning was stated above and is down to the length of time available (or lack of it) to a new person to learn the trade...

in my time ian dowie was the best we have had oh also richie was doing nicely until moore wanted a bigger named manager and lets be honest its more about spending money moore splashed the cash and we had a wicked team, shame we didnt make promotion otherwise we would be championship moore money would have been safe i think :D