Kelvin Lomax

Guest sheridans_world

Kelvin was at fault for certainly 3 goals today, or partly along with his soft centred partners, Messrs Gregan & Hazell. Said it before I am concerned we are going with mainly the same defence that failed badly last season.

I thought OWTB established that it was the midfield which badly failed last season? From where I'm sitting it would seem that DP summised the same.

In Gregan and Hazell we have the two players who topped the OWTB Player of the Year poll (for what it's worth). Sure, Hazell didn't look good the second half of last season but then neither did Taylor, or most of the team for that matter, bar Greegs. :) I think most will agree that prior to that Hazell was always a model of consistancy and a good all-round defender, with no real strenghs or weaknesses. I think most would also agree that, aside from the rocky month leading up to his dropping, Gregan's performances consistantly ranged between acceptable and excellent last season.

Badly failing defence?!? We didn't even lose that many games last season........especially up until Royle's cameo, when, interestingly, Hazell was injured, the likes of Hines, Supple and Budtz were on show......and Gregan was the only fella coming out with any credit and looking like he gave a :censored:. <_<

In short, it's a load of rubbish to right off our chances this term on the strength of having Gregan and Hazell at the back, though there is always room for improvement........and desperation for competition.

Lomax is a right back. Not a left back. IMO he is a good right back and a poor left back. 99% of his bad games are at left back. If United had've put Gary Neville at left back 1/2 the time - he would have been battered by the fans.