Kelvin Lomax

Guest sheridans_world

Guest sheridans_world

He looked good again today, I was impressed on Wednesday also.

Well done Kelvin, if Neal Eardley doesnt go, he'll have a challenge on his hands to keep a hold of his place in the team.

Well done Kelvin, if Neal Eardley doesnt go, he'll have a challenge on his hands to keep a hold of his place in the team.

Was a bit rubbish near the end though?

i thought he was poor today! left his man with loads of space and seemed to scared to put a challenge in - which cost us the second goal! 3rd goal he was nowhere and their no 10 he was supposed to have been marking had all the time in the world , defence needs sorting pronto!

i thought he was poor today! left his man with loads of space and seemed to scared to put a challenge in - which cost us the second goal! 3rd goal he was nowhere and their no 10 he was supposed to have been marking had all the time in the world , defence needs sorting pronto!

Too much ball watching by all the defenders - and a goalkeeper who seems planted to his line when crosses come over and when run at.

Too much ball watching by all the defenders - and a goalkeeper who seems planted to his line when crosses come over and when run at.

How is Kelvin Lomax still a professional footballer. Absolutely woeful defender. I hope and prey Joe Jacobson and Andy Holdsworth stay fit so that he is nowhere near the first team. Ditto with Danny Whittaker

How is Kelvin Lomax still a professional footballer. Absolutely woeful defender. I hope and prey Joe Jacobson and Andy Holdsworth stay fit so that he is nowhere near the first team. Ditto with Danny Whittaker

Whitaker didn't appear to touch the the ball for long periods, but he wasn't alone, many others were the same.

Furman was excellent though.

I hope a high tempo from all the players which the manager is known for can be produced next week.

Edited by BP1960

100% disagree. Kelvin was at fault for certainly 3 goals today, or partly along with his soft centred partners, Messrs Gregan & Hazell. Said it before I am concerned we are going with mainly the same defence that failed badly last season. Do not get me started on Brill cos otherwise I'll have to put him on the out list with Lewi, Lomax, Lee, COG & Black. I have yet to see him make a save and until now as looked very very poor.

100% disagree. Kelvin was at fault for certainly 3 goals today, or partly along with his soft centred partners, Messrs Gregan & Hazell. Said it before I am concerned we are going with mainly the same defence that failed badly last season. Do not get me started on Brill cos otherwise I'll have to put him on the out list with Lewi, Lomax, Lee, COG & Black. I have yet to see him make a save and until now as looked very very poor.

I think he could have definately done more with the 3rd and 4th goals

dont think he was at fault for the first as hazzel started chasing him down as the ball was nearlly going out hazell then stopped and went back into the middle of defense instead of closing him down making sure the ball went out or put a tackle in so the ball couldnt get played back into the middle ok lomax was no where near him but ive never seen someone get chased down then stop with no oldham player near him to get back into his possition

Edited by KUNGFOO

Apart from the third goal? :shock:

Me "Kelv, 10s unmarked............FFS"

You are clearly as mad as a box of frogs.

He was beaten by his man on 3 occasions, all of which led to us conceding goals. His worst game in a blue shirt from where I was sat.

Was sat next to the tunnel and Kelvin come off shaking his head at his own performance, I thought he was awfull. All the trouble they caused come down his side. Him along side Laurel and Hardy is a recipe for disaster next season.

True.

Lomax Gregan Hazell Eardley.

Wasn't that the back 4 that had us near top of the league?

Oh no sorry, we all hate Gregan and Rubes at the moment don't we?

True.

Wasn't that the back 4 that had us near top of the league in freefall from January onwards?

I heplfully have pointed out the error of your ways. :wink:

Edited by singe

True.

Wasn't that the back 4 that had us near top of the league?

It was but we didnt end up at the top did we so its irrelevent. Balmer and Garnet had us at the top of the league in 2001 for a couple of months too.....

It was long before the end of the season that Rubens terrible form started, remember those games against Yeovil away, colchester at home, Hereford away.. He has taken that form into this pre season as well with terribe gaffs against Sunderland and poor defending against Blackpool.. I thought Ruben was great in the 07/08 season but thats a long time ago now.

I dont think we all hate Gregan and Ruben as you put it but there is a big concern with them at the moment. 8 goals in 3 games says it all really.

I hope Ruben gets his confidence back but it doesnt look like its going to happen any time soon, and Greegan is becoming more and more error prone as time goes by mainly due to his lack of pace. Twice on saturday he misjudged his tackles completely due to poor timing and one ended up in a goal.

My opinion is that we will be shipping goals for fun this season, good news is we look like scoring a few too

I think DP had form for working on conceding 0 at first then atack, attac.

So you have to hope he gets it right.

Personally can;t see us lasting all season with the defence we have.

On paper it is OK, but something is not quite right.

Which is what we said all last season.

Good news is we have had loads of new players, so once they gel it should be OK, the bad news is the the least disrption is in defence and they still don;t seem to have worked out how to cover for each other. And communicate. And anticipate the other team's game. And read the situation..