The Future

Stitch

Are saying that we are going to be more attractive to a bidder if we flog boundary park and go and become tennants at spotland supposedly put the money in the bank therefore becoming a business with no asstes and losing £1million per year.

Instead of building a stadium which will be our own asset and that will have facilities which will make us self sufficent?

Is this what you are seriously suggesting?

Yes, although I consider a 30 acre plot of land and £14,000,000 to be assets of note.

(More so than a 30 acre plot of land with a £14,000,000 stadium built on it as that would only ever be of use to an eternally lower division club.)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still trying to get my head round this.

Are you suggesting that instead of sticking around (for a while at least) and investing £14M in a stadium development, TTA should donate the £14M in cash plus OAFC 2004 assets (i.e. the club, BP and the land around it) and then just f*ck off?

Why in God's name would they do that? :shock:

Yes, although I consider a 30 acre plot of land and £14,000,000 to be assets of note.

(More so than a 30 acre plot of land with a £14,000,000 stadium built on it as that would only ever be of use to an eternally lower division club.)

Surely though a 30acre site won't be just given to us so that eats away at the £14,000,000 somewhat plus the fact that we are gooing to have to cover our losses somehow so again that eats further into the £14million. Then when an investor buys the club he has a 30 acre site in failsworth a football club in Rochdale and a few million in the bank.

Now no doubt your thinking here is that X investor then has a site to build a stadium on to his own likeing and possibly a few million to put towards it. But that is surely going to take time a good 2 years to go through all the red tape, design it, and build it.

The construction of a new stadium is part of TTA's exit strategy once they get us into a new stadium which is making us self sufficent we will be far more attractive to a new investor and at this point they will probably look for a way out. How many people don't want to own a business that makes money and has assets. Look at Notts County Huddersfield Southampton all have modern stadiums and the infrastrcuture that comes with it as a result, this will have had an effect on peoples decisions to invest in the

in 2003 Abramovich was on his way back from a failed attempt to buy Tottenham he flew over Stanford Bridge with the Chelsea village with its Hotel Gymnasium etc an immediately decided he wanted to buy it. Yes our new stadium will be nothing on the scale of Stamford Bridge but if we can put together a decent stadium with facilities which we can invite potential investors too we will be more attractive.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Are you suggesting that instead of sticking around (for a while at least) and investing £14M in a stadium development, TTA should donate the £14M in cash plus OAFC 2004 assets (i.e. the club, BP and the land around it) and then just f*ck off?

its quite obvious really....because some egotistical multi millionaire will appear out of nowhere and think...oh yes..that looks like fun...I want that one...(I can't do the voice)

:blink:

I dunno, this is the type of question I was hoping for within the first few replies instead of a load of people making me out to be an idiot or explaining what our average attendance is, was and how the ground will be built with extension in mind.

At least you seemingly grasp how it's potentially a preferable scenario for Latics.

P.S To try and answer......

I was imagining us to be left with The Lancaster Club and the £14M. This was based on SC stating that OAFC would own the £14M ground which, seeing as they are unlikely to make any significant operating profits ever, is much the same thing (but with a quicker and easier yet equally dignified exit). It would boil down to whether they want anymore years of enjoying ownership and it's losses before eventually, hopefully, being able to break even and hang around 'for free'.

Also, you could ask "why in God's name would they do that" of their generosity from which we have greatly benefitted so far.....

Forgive if i have missed something..

but why the hell cant we just build a new stadium on clayton playing fields?

We own the playing fields dont we?

Its big enough for us..

Since they arent doing this i must have missed something..

If i have anyone care to explain..?

its quite obvious really....because some egotistical multi millionaire will appear out of nowhere and think...oh yes..that looks like fun...I want that one...(I can't do the voice)

:blink:

Yeah right, and Notts County might be taken over by new billionaire owners, appoint Sven as Director of Football and start tying to sign players like Sol Campbell.

While they're still involved, they hopefully stand to gain something out of it (not all of that gain necessarily being purely financial).

They stand to gain absolutely nothing out of effectively giving us £14M and walking away. In fact they'd stand to lose £14M, plus what they've invested already.

Its big enough for us..

you've missed something..its greenbelt protected by a covenant

Yeah right, and Notts County might be taken over by new billionaire owners, appoint Sven as Director of Football and start tying to sign players like Sol Campbell.

tell you what lets all cross our finger, toes, legs, arms and eyes....all together now...izzy wizzy lets get bizzy :lol:

Its big enough for us..

It isn't ours it was left by the clayton family for the recreational use for the people of Oldham not to Oldham Athletic

having a new ground doesnt mean you will retain league status. look at chester and oxford united.

No but neither is it a one stop into football oblivion it comes with no guarantees either way but it will give us a better chance of going forward for reasons that have been stated.

While they're still involved, they hopefully stand to gain something out of it (not all of that gain necessarily being purely financial).

They stand to gain absolutely nothing out of effectively giving us £14M and walking away. In fact they'd stand to lose £14M, plus what they've invested already.

If they want to enjoy further ownership in return for their expenditure then fair enough. Remember though, they have said they don't intend on being around much longer....the point being that it strikes me that they intend on leaving soon after the new stadium is built, and so may be open to something along the lines of what I am suggesting. Maybe we could take a view and search for new investors with TTA leaving say £7M. With a bit of luck, the new backer wouldn't give a monkeys! :grin::wink:

tell you what lets all cross our finger, toes, legs, arms and eyes....all together now...izzy wizzy lets get bizzy :lol:

Or, try to make ourselves as attractive as possible whilst actively seeking an equivalent?

I'll be advocating your approach once we've move into our tiny, shiny ground.

If they want to enjoy further ownership in return for their expenditure then fair enough. Remember though, they have said they don't intend on being around much longer....the point being that it strikes me that they intend on leaving soon after the new stadium is built, and so may be open to something along the lines of what I am suggesting. Maybe we could take a view and search for new investors with TTA leaving say £7M. With a bit of luck, the new backer wouldn't give a monkeys! :grin::wink:

With a bit of luck

still got everything crossed :lol:

With a bit of luck

still got everything crossed :lol:

Yep, everything crossed during a focussed effort to attract the investment essential to giving us any hope of becoming a relatively successful club, all whilst......

we would have the 'insurance' of money in the bank to revert back to todays plans incase of failure to attract investement.

:dunce: