Orient Commentary - A moan, but not about our club!

I have listeded to the Orient Commentary in the second half. Two gems so far!

Lomax - Made his debut last season

Whittaker - Signed in the summer from Port Vale

Why are these people so poor?

Moan over. Just nervous as I listen to the game, keeping myself occupied...

I have listeded to the Orient Commentary in the second half. Two gems so far!

Lomax - Made his debut last season

Whittaker - Signed in the summer from Port Vale

Why are these people so poor?

Moan over. Just nervous as I listen to the game, keeping myself occupied...

The best one has to be Roy's..."Oh...he gave that corner very quickly"....what's he meant to do, stop, wait, give it a few seconds then get slaughtered for wasting time, being undecisive or whatever else. I'm told he's already said this season on commentary that he's "not decided which player he's going to dislike this season yet"...

Nice!

Edited by boundaryblue80

The best one has to be Roy's..."Oh...he gave that corner very quickly"....what's he meant to do, stop, wait, give it a few seconds then get slaughtered for wasting time, being undecisive or whatever else. I'm told he's already said this season on commentary that he's "not decided which player he's going to dislike this season yet"...

Nice!

I have a little bit of sympathy.

While TV commentary is pretty simple ... let the pictures do the talking and say a player's name occasionally ... radio commentary requires the speaker to draw pictures for the listener about what's going on, clearly establish where the ball is, identify the options open to the player on the ball etc etc.

Imagine commentating for 90 minutes on the match v County last week and keeping it interesting for the full hour and a half? Nightmare task!

I have a little bit of sympathy.

While TV commentary is pretty simple ... let the pictures do the talking and say a player's name occasionally ... radio commentary requires the speaker to draw pictures for the listener about what's going on, clearly establish where the ball is, identify the options open to the player on the ball etc etc.

Imagine commentating for 90 minutes on the match v County last week and keeping it interesting for the full hour and a half? Nightmare task!

We've had better commentators over the years...Carl Marsden and even Sean Jarvis used to do a good job. Lawton's fine...it's the sidekick that comes out with utterly stupid stuff that grates...last season eveything was Crossley or Stams fault....even when they weren't playing....