Accrington Stanley

I know there club is in abit of a state. And if the worst came to it and they went out of buisness would we get re entered into the JPT ?

That's just a tad mercenary doncha think? :blink:

If anyone actually wants to help Accrington their next home game is this Friday night v Darlo.

And they've drawn Shrewsbury at home in the next round of the JPT.

A couple of games some proper football fans might think about going to?

By the way, to answer your question (not that it deserves it), last Wednesday Accrington were served with an 8 week deadline to pay roughly £300k to creditors. I make that 28th October, and I'm guessing there'll have been a couple more JPT rounds already played by then.

Not wanting to sound callous, but, don't they owe the tax man money? Like most clubs including ours do they believe they are special? Like any self employed person will tell you, make sure you pay the tax man first.

Edited by footy68

Not wanting to sound callous, but, don't they owe the tax man money? Like most clubs including ours do they believe they are special? Like any self employed person will tell you, make sure you pay the tax man first.

I agree with this in a way, it would have been better to make people aware when the sum was a lot less, 300k doesn't work it's self up overnight.

I will try to support them in every way possible though.

They were going around Bury's ground with buckets on saturday. There was about ten of us who'd played against Bury fans team in the morning in the social club for a drink. Buckets came around (That they'd sent the bury fans team manager around with) and everyone chipped in a decent amount and not one Accy fan came over to thank us for sticking something in. Instead they piped up and decided to sing a few little songs about tuesday nights game. Did annoy me at the time as you'd of expected them to be a bit more thankful for the generosity given their situation.

They're playing Burnley tomorrow night I think.

You're right though, they owe the tax man and that should be the first person every club makes sure they've dealth with before anyone.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

Yep they owe the tax man and actually came to an agreement a few months (?) ago to pay him by installments over the preceeding 12 months. Tax man has now decided he's had a change of mind and wants it in 4 weeks (extended to 8 weeks by the courts). So yes right they should pay, but...