Stupid Football Players

There were a few highlights from the game on Tuesday, one being the performance of Seb Gas Leakin, but for me the real highlight of the trip wasn't on the pitch, but during the build-up. Earlier we met at a hotel on the M6 for a pre-match meal.

While in the car park a lad dressed in Derby County gear came up and introduced himself to us as JJ. Apparently he was just starting a month's loan from the Rams, so we just assumed the gaffer had brought in someone. He then joined us in the canteen.

A bit of small talk and couple of slices of toast later he felt a bit more acquainted with everyone. Even the gaffer came over and introduced himself but he thought it was a friend of one of the players so didn't question it too much.

Then JJ [Jermaine Johnson] got a call, "Yeah I'm here with the guys…", he paused then realised that he was with the wrong team. He got up quietly, took his bags and left without a word.

Apparently he was in fact on loan at Stafford Rangers, and when he saw us he assumed that's who we were. Whether he just fancied a free meal or didn't see the large Tamworth Football Club badges on our tracksuits I'm not sure. It's a shame because I think he and big Trev [Trevor Benjamin] really hit it off.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...rth/8246716.stm

There were a few highlights from the game on Tuesday, one being the performance of Seb Gas Leakin, but for me the real highlight of the trip wasn't on the pitch, but during the build-up. Earlier we met at a hotel on the M6 for a pre-match meal.

While in the car park a lad dressed in Derby County gear came up and introduced himself to us as JJ. Apparently he was just starting a month's loan from the Rams, so we just assumed the gaffer had brought in someone. He then joined us in the canteen.

A bit of small talk and couple of slices of toast later he felt a bit more acquainted with everyone. Even the gaffer came over and introduced himself but he thought it was a friend of one of the players so didn't question it too much.

Then JJ [Jermaine Johnson] got a call, "Yeah I'm here with the guys…", he paused then realised that he was with the wrong team. He got up quietly, took his bags and left without a word.

Apparently he was in fact on loan at Stafford Rangers, and when he saw us he assumed that's who we were. Whether he just fancied a free meal or didn't see the large Tamworth Football Club badges on our tracksuits I'm not sure. It's a shame because I think he and big Trev [Trevor Benjamin] really hit it off.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...rth/8246716.stm

Im guessing this isnt the JJ that we had? As JJ is at Sheff Wed