Worrying Times.......

Doooooooooooom and Gloooooooooooom!

Keeper - Supposed to be a confidence keeper and his confidence is rock bottom you'd imagine. Not the best sign.

Defence - Well we know at least one of/if not both - Hazell or Gregan will make one mistake a game that will be punished and cost us. Reuben is seems to happen far more often too.

Midfield - Not an awful lot of creativity in our midfield it would seem.

Strikers - Most worrying thing for me with these is that there's not one you'd put a decent amount of money on getting into double figures in league goals this season. Infact i'll be very suprised if any of the current crop get anywhere near 10 for the season. Abbott will likely get near due to penalties, etc.

Meh.

Doooooooooooom and Gloooooooooooom!

Keeper - Supposed to be a confidence keeper and his confidence is rock bottom you'd imagine. Not the best sign.

Defence - Well we know at least one of/if not both - Hazell or Gregan will make one mistake a game that will be punished and cost us. Reuben is seems to happen far more often too.

Midfield - Not an awful lot of creativity in our midfield it would seem.

Strikers - Most worrying thing for me with these is that there's not one you'd put a decent amount of money on getting into double figures in league goals this season. Infact i'll be very suprised if any of the current crop get anywhere near 10 for the season. Abbott will likely get near due to penalties, etc.

Meh.

couldnt understand why we signed brill in the first place,he took luton down with his inept keeping so was always going to be hard stepping back up.

fleming for all his rush of blood coming out etc is a better keeper.

greagan,shouldnt have been given new deal...he is suposed to be the captain and gobby one,yet penny last week said we lacked leaders and voices on the field...echoing last seasons problems with same central pairing.

casper still in midfield and lee still not preferred

purdie has got a lot to live upto when he is fit...

also on main site last week at the back end of an interview,it was stated no more players coming in when the loan window opens..so basically were stuck with what we have.

couldnt understand why we signed brill in the first place,he took luton down with his inept keeping so was always going to be hard stepping back up.

fleming for all his rush of blood coming out etc is a better keeper.

greagan,shouldnt have been given new deal...he is suposed to be the captain and gobby one,yet penny last week said we lacked leaders and voices on the field...echoing last seasons problems with same central pairing.

casper still in midfield and lee still not preferred

purdie has got a lot to live upto when he is fit...

also on main site last week at the back end of an interview,it was stated no more players coming in when the loan window opens..so basically were stuck with what we have.

Nowt to do with the minus 30 points start they had?

Beat me to it. Luton's relegation had very little to do with any of their players' performances, and i could be wrong but i seem to remember a few people on here saying we should sign Brill this time last year.

having minus thirty points is a big big blow to any team...however results dictate they were rubbish all season,even if they hadnt had the 30 points deducted they would have struggled all season.

he is on a par with miskelly.

If i was offered a 15th place finish for Latics right now, id take it alright, based on the start we have had.

I really cant see us getting much better, with the players and the finances available, its going to be a long hard season.

Hopefully tho my opinion will count for fak all and we will get promoted! :grin:

Edited by deckyd