Dave Penney IN!

Right folks after Driving to Bristol to watch the lads yesterday and seeing all of our League games so far this season I like most am gutted.

HOWEVER, How people honestly believe that sacking Dave penny after just 7 league games will improve the situation is just unbelievable to me.

You ask Newcastle fans now what they think of the sacking of Sam Allardyce and they see that as a turning point for the worse in the clubs history.

That squad like ours needed rebuilding and key decisions had to be made and time given for them to take effect. He had 24 games and then as now those in football know it was too short and the wrong decision made in sacking him.

If you ask those wanting Penny Out who their favourite manager of all time for Latics is 99% would say Joe Royle, And rightly so, but if it was for fans like this then the pinch me years and our time in the premiership for however brief it was could have remained and stayed a Dream because if they had their way back then as they do now they would be asking for his head! Joe Royle in his first 10 league games won just 2!

The Worse thing about this whole situation is the state of the modern day football fan and our club has better examples than most showing their decline in faith and support and their Edgy like desire for instant success following years of turmoil.

The Immediate detrimental effect and danger to this club and its existence is those people who claim to be fans and not the owners that saved us and continue to keep us afloat.

Take a long hard look at yourself and are you really a supporter?

And are your own personal desires the best for the club as a whole?

KEEP THE FAITH.

Right folks after Driving to Bristol to watch the lads yesterday and seeing all of our League games so far this season I like most am gutted.

HOWEVER, How people honestly believe that sacking Dave penny after just 7 league games will improve the situation is just unbelievable to me.

You ask Newcastle fans now what they think of the sacking of Sam Allardyce and they see that as a turning point for the worse in the clubs history.

That squad like ours needed rebuilding and key decisions had to be made and time given for them to take effect. He had 24 games and then as now those in football know it was too short and the wrong decision made in sacking him.

If you ask those wanting Penny Out who their favourite manager of all time for Latics is 99% would say Joe Royle, And rightly so, but if it was for fans like this then the pinch me years and our time in the premiership for however brief it was could have remained and stayed a Dream because if they had their way back then as they do now they would be asking for his head! Joe Royle in his first 10 league games won just 2!

The Worse thing about this whole situation is the state of the modern day football fan and our club has better examples than most showing their decline in faith and support and their Edgy like desire for instant success following years of turmoil.

The Immediate detrimental effect and danger to this club and its existence is those people who claim to be fans and not the owners that saved us and continue to keep us afloat.

KEEP THE FAITH.

Quality post lad!!!!!!!!

Quality post lad!!!!!!!!

Quality post Kyle.

What is lacking is patience.

The fans are impatient, they have had 8 years of Chris M**re and tta promising that we would be going for it with a squad capable of taking us up. It hasn't happened for various reasons and we are where we are.

Now we need a season of ajustments and re-buidling. It won't happen overnight, but as I keep saying, there are signs there. Just be patient, it will turn and we will be ok.

Cheers,

Harry

great post at least some people talk sense

we need a few more fans like you supporting are club instead off the doom an gloomers and the cmplete idiots who think we should sack the manager after 7 games.

dint see these people calling for joe royle to get sacked last year and he had a worse record (in his second spell)

good post kyle. Give Dave a chance he hasnt had the oppertunity of playing his strongest team yet! I am sure he knows hes made mistakes particularly with our defence and he will put that right. I am sick of people moaning and groaning and thinking we should be up there with the money teams like leeds.Yes we have been in this crap league for too long but lets be realistic. Changing the manager before he has had any chance to establish himself is not the answer.Give the man a proper chance and get behind the team even when things are not going our way then maybe we will start to improve. Shouting abuse at the players and manager goes only to make things worse.

great post at least some people talk sense

we need a few more fans like you supporting are club instead off the doom an gloomers and the cmplete idiots who think we should sack the manager after 7 games.

dint see these people calling for joe royle to get sacked last year and he had a worse record (in his second spell)

joe came in to a team in a downward spiral and was unable to halt it in the short time he had but i would have loved him to stay and would have him back here in a shot.

as for the current manager i don,t like him never wanted him here in the first place and so far he,s only doing what i would have expected but he,s here and there wouldn,t be any point in sacking him now for better or worse he,s here to stay i reckon so we may as well get used to it.

joe came in to a team in a downward spiral and was unable to halt it in the short time he had

Hmm, Slight downhill moment I would say and took it completely into freefall*.

But if I carry on like this I'm going to become BB80. Well, except a footballing version. :wink:

*In short he did a Goram.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

KEEP THE FAITH.

Well said that man :applause1:

joe came in to a team in a downward spiral and was unable to halt it in the short time he had but i would have loved him to stay and would have him back here in a shot.

as for the current manager i don,t like him never wanted him here in the first place and so far he,s only doing what i would have expected but he,s here and there wouldn,t be any point in sacking him now for better or worse he,s here to stay i reckon so we may as well get used to it.

and the difference with penney is? ye fair enough he has had a pre season to drill inot them what he wants unlike joe but the team didnt come out of the downhill spiral. a win on the last game of the season against walsall is hardly the end of the spiral is it he has had less games than joe had so give him time aswel as joe was and would have been given if he had chose to stay on

and the difference with penney is? ye fair enough he has had a pre season to drill inot them what he wants unlike joe but the team didnt come out of the downhill spiral. a win on the last game of the season against walsall is hardly the end of the spiral is it he has had less games than joe had so give him time aswel as joe was and would have been given if he had chose to stay on

The difference being Joe Royle can do no wrong in many fans' eyes. Penney isn't being given the chance to sort it out as some fans have made their mind up on him already, ridiculously so early in the season. If anything, Joe Royle is more responsible than Penney for the fact we haven't won a game at home since February as he was in charge for a much longer period than Penney has.

Keep the faith all :)

KEEP THE FAITH.

Good Post, it isn't going to happen overnight, we the fans need to be patience, we will pick up points and move away from our current position (you can't really even look at the table yet not 10 games in)

instant success doesn't happen, we need to get a grip on reality and understand what happened last season has had a series detrimental effect on the whole ethos of the club. DP is doing his utmost to turn the predicament around and give him time I believe he will

It's going to be difficult it will take time to play flowing beautiful attacking football

Keep The Faith, Keep turning up at BP and we'll get through this together!

i am giving him time,i don,t like him and the players he brought in are no better than what we had,and i don,t like the players being told to hoof it up field but i am not asking for him to be sacked as i said earlier he,s here now so i will get behind him but i don,t have to like it!!