You'd think train would work out, but it doesn't. Total journey time, including walking and waiting for trains (and buses unless I walk 4 miles a day) is somewhere between 90 mins and two hours. If I could get that down to an hour I'd consider it.

Date: 09/10/2009

To: BIRCHWOOD (Cheshire)

Mode: Rail

Journey Option 1 Total Duration: 1:08 No. of changes: 1

Rail Depart: 7:16 WILMSLOW (rail) Provider: Northern Rail

Arrive: 7:44 MANCHESTER PICCADILLY (rail)

Rail Depart: 8:07 MANCHESTER PICCADILLY (rail) Provider: Transpennine Express

Arrive: 8:24 BIRCHWOOD (rail)

I suppose its the bus to the station that is the problem ?

You'd think train would work out, but I'm developing my arse to enter it into the Cheshire County Fair, a bit like those things where people compete over who has grown the biggest :censored:, so I need to sit on it for as long as possible

We admire your dedication to your sport, Garcon.

I suppose its the bus to the station that is the problem ?

Or the walk. A mile to Wilmslow station and a mile (without footbpaths!) to the office. Apparently there's a bus around the business park, but that wouldn't cut much time. I'd have to leave home at 6:55 to sit down at a desk barely more than 20 miles away at about 8:45.

And that's with the best possible train connection.

Or the walk. A mile to Wilmslow station and a mile (without footbpaths!) to the office. Apparently there's a bus around the business park, but that wouldn't cut much time. I'd have to leave home at 6:55 to sit down at a desk barely more than 20 miles away at about 8:45.

And that's with the best possible train connection.

The walk from Birchwood train station to the offices never felt like a mile (not saying it isn't). It was about a 5 mins walk... I would not of thought you would need to bother with that bus. I am starting to think your not in the same area of offices I was.

I have no solution for the mile to Wilmslow station... Can you get a lift with someone ? Bike ?

Edited by oafc0000

The walk from Birchwood train station to the offices never felt like a mile (not saying it isn't). It was about a 5 mins walk... I would not of thought you would need to bother with that bus. I am starting to think your not in the same area of offices I was.

I have no solution for the mile to Wilmslow station... Can you get a lift with someone ? Bike ?

Birchwood's pretty big. Our office is at the very top, so about as far from the station as you can get without crossing the M62! (And thus about 300 yards from Risley remand centre... :unsure: )

Most obvious thing for us to look into is car sharing, but in an office with flexible hours and some needing to cover early/late shifts even that gets complicated. I will look into the trains again nearer the time - always good to have a public transport option even if it's only occasional.

Edited by garcon

Birchwood's pretty big. Our office is at the very top, so about as far from the station as you can get without crossing the M62! (And thus about 300 yards from Risley remand centre... :unsure: )

Most obvious thing for us to look into is car sharing, but in an office with flexible hours and some needing to cover early/late shifts even that gets complicated. I will look into the trains again nearer the time - always good to have a public transport option even if it's only occasional.

Know where you mean now...your probably about an extra ten mins walk from where I was...

Edited by oafc0000