Messi wins Ballon d'Or

Not a surprise at all to see Messi win the Ballon d'Or, as he is the best player on Earth by some distance (IMO).

Just read on BBC website that he has won 3 Spanish Leagues, 2 Champions League, 1 Spanish Cup, the Olympics and a World under 20 title...and he is only 22. I know Argentina have been awful in qualifying, but I would not be surprised if he adds the World Cup to that list next summer.

easily the best!

as for argentina winning the world cup-not with maradona in charge..he hasn't got the team together and there are continual problems behind the scenes..with him usually making them.

Ordinarily I'd agree with that...but they have Messi. He is good enough to win it on his own for them.

have to disagree..he's special, but he needs the right players around him to give him the freedom he enjoys at barca.alves has freed him from the right wing where he was stuck during ryjkaard's reign..and alves can attack that wing with messi supporting him.he also plays more deeper now,getting the ball in midfield and running at defenders is what he does best.

5 trophies in a year...and there is a sixth to be looking at in 2 weeks with the world club championships...if fergie purple nose was given a knighthood for winning 3, what should guardiola get??!!

5 trophies in a year...and there is a sixth to be looking at in 2 weeks with the world club championships...if fergie purple nose was given a knighthood for winning 3, what should guardiola get??!!

I don't know....do they dish out honours in Spain as freely as they do over here?

Freedom of Catalonia?

I don't know....do they dish out honours in Spain as freely as they do over here?

Freedom of Catalonia?

lol..he had that as a player! :grin:

king of the world!

my point really was how fergie achieved the "unachievable" according to some, gets a knighthood, then 10 years later, a team wins every single competition they entered into...and puts the manure effort into prospective.

as a barca fan though,there will obviously be some disappointments along the way from now on...it won't happen again,so what ever happens, this year will be a downer ! :wink:

really :censored: madrid try to buy championship winning teams..

barca breed them!