Victory is a cert!

blaming commitment and effort is usually the easy way out IMO and we hear it on these boards year after year after year after year after year............

From what most have said we changed the tactics when there was no need which mean we were playing right into their hands

We went 2-1 infront with a lack of effort, we'll be unstoppable if they do show some effort! EI EI EIO

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's nothing can be done about it. Constant failure affects a lot of people that way. And we've seen nothing yet.

Of course there is something that can be done about it. It's a vicious cycle as you say but the cycle can be broken. It just takes one of the parties to break free.

Of course there is something that can be done about it. It's a vicious cycle as you say but the cycle can be broken. It just takes one of the parties to break free.

In theory perhaps, but the club is not about to break out of its downward spiral because it lacks the financial means to do so (and will not have them even if the move to Failsworth comes off), which means that a substantial section of the fanbase will remain pessimistic and negative. It happens at all clubs with similar probles of long-term failure, but, as has been commented on before, affects this club particularly badly because the probably terminal decline comes straight on the heels of the glory years.

Yes it was but my point was that negative tactics can't have been the overall approach if we created so many chances. And if the players on the picth had taken some of them it would have been a comfortable win with exactly the same tactics that got a draw.

Which is why i pointed out the fact that changing 4-5-1 against a 10 man team who were woeful up until that as being negative. Would you not agree?

I don't really recall them troubling us after we went 2-1 up untill we changed formation, so i would of thought we were more likely to get a 3rd (yes it did seem only a matter of time before we might get 3 goal in a game! ) than them scoring if we would of carried on.

Hopefully Penney will learn from his mistake and we will go on to beat the trannies on Saturday.