Penney considering Guy

If they do then Shez will have the distinction of having made the play-offs in his two maiden seasons to date. :imnotworthy:

If they dont it will still be a markedly better first season than what DP has provided, and probably wont have slashed gates either. I know where I'd rather build from.

*awaits somebody ludicrous enough to disagree*

And yet, I bet...no...I know Shez (with a half million pound budget) has had more money at Saltergate than Dave's had at ours this season! Funny that...

As for your comments about gates...quite interesting this...

Taking out a Stockport derby to kick the season off, we started with 4,200 vs Swindon, 4,000 vs Hartlepool, 4,200 vs Carlisle (who bring a few more than others) and then 3,600 vs MK Scum in September. Back up to 4,200 for Yeovil, then some big teams came which we lost to in October and November with 10 players injured. After losing to the big teams, it shaved off 600 fans as we went back to 3,600 vs Colchester and for a Saturday stayed around that mark.

So in essence...they were there when playoffs were talked about and went after losing to the top teams with a sicklist the size of a shopping list. Basically, typical :censored: Latics "fans".

In total, we've lost about 600 "fans" so now we get a Sat attendance of 3,600 and a midweek struggles at 3,000 whereas before it was 3,600. People have gone due to a lot of reasons (money, Failsworth, won't brave the winter, lots of games coming at once after xmas) and Penneys been a beauty to take it out on...yes, we ain't been brilliant either but then, it depends on what you expect as to how you react...those leaving never gave Penney a chance and were looking for a reason to stop coming. As they did under Moore, despite some success. That sort of poison can go :censored: itself!

Edited by boundaryblue80