Jonathan Macken

If people are leaving the site (and i know a few that are posting less and less) because of one or two attention seekers then as well as being bloody annoying the reduced traffic will surely cost the club money. (Every click earns the club money doesn't it?) A balance needs to be found. JK Latics went down a similar route - how's that site doing? (James Maker etc..) Trouble is with cyber space, things move along quickly...

I don't post on here that often but read all day at work and when at home. I don't post most of the time because I rarely get to games to comment on, and don't get many inside scoops! So in a sense if I left I would hardly be missed.

But I really am getting fed up of a lot of this forum. Some of it is brilliant, e.g. knowing Paul Dickov was manager a long time before he was, and I'm not blaming the running of it at all. It's just 2 or 3 posters, and you probably know who I mean, who just seem to come on just to wind people up, and have nothing better to do. We're supposed to be fans of the same club! Fair enough when a different fan from another club comes on etc.

I hate it when people just make up rumours, for no reason. Ridiculous ones too. I hate it when people say they have spoke to someone at the club, when they haven't. I hate it when people state facts when it's not, e.g. such and such will be named manager Monday. There's just no need to lie!

I love reading the real rumours, that people have heard, but I often can't tell now because it is awash with bullplop. The worst thing is when people state all these facts etc, when they get asked about it when it never comes true, they just say "ah well it's just a bit of fun didn't harm anyone", why say it then? We go on here to find stuff out, not read out and out bobbins!

I also hate when English is terrible, typos are fine, but disjointed sentences that don't make any sense just make it annoying to read and again there is no need. I never correct anyone on here before anyone says anything, but I know it annoys a lot of others too! This is a minor annoyance though compared to the other rubbish.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't post on here that often but read all day at work and when at home. I don't post most of the time because I rarely get to games to comment on, and don't get many inside scoops! So in a sense if I left I would hardly be missed.

But I really am getting fed up of a lot of this forum. Some of it is brilliant, e.g. knowing Paul Dickov was manager a long time before he was, and I'm not blaming the running of it at all. It's just 2 or 3 posters, and you probably know who I mean, who just seem to come on just to wind people up, and have nothing better to do. We're supposed to be fans of the same club! Fair enough when a different fan from another club comes on etc.

I hate it when people just make up rumours, for no reason. Ridiculous ones too. I hate it when people say they have spoke to someone at the club, when they haven't. I hate it when people state facts when it's not, e.g. such and such will be named manager Monday. There's just no need to lie!

I love reading the real rumours, that people have heard, but I often can't tell now because it is awash with bullplop. The worst thing is when people state all these facts etc, when they get asked about it when it never comes true, they just say "ah well it's just a bit of fun didn't harm anyone", why say it then? We go on here to find stuff out, not read out and out bobbins!

I also hate when English is terrible, typos are fine, but disjointed sentences that don't make any sense just make it annoying to read and again there is no need. I never correct anyone on here before anyone says anything, but I know it annoys a lot of others too! This is a minor annoyance though compared to the other rubbish.

For me as I've stated previously the grammatical indiscretions are not really the issue. Different people have different grasps of written English, especially when that person speaks and writes English as an additional language and it is of my professional opinion that a certain poster is classed as such. (Or he's on a bloody good wind-up) But seeing as I think I have identified him from his postings on both the Chron and evening News sites he is EAL, that isn't the gripe it's the blatant bull-:censored: and made-up rumours that gets people's goats. I know we have the grammar police on here occasionally but I'd never criticise someone for their grasp of the English language.

I've started learning Spanish and i'm awful so far!!!

I agree with Ackey, Rummy atc.. that a dedicated rumours section is a great idea. Perhaps we could have another sub-forum known as 'Blue-Pizza's Musings'?

OK folks, I'm going to close this now, as it's way off topic.

We have listened to everyone's comments and tried to address those concerns with the return of the Rumours and Speculation forum (a forum we, ironically, removed after listening to the members).

Please feel free to restart this Macken thread in there - staying on topic - if you so wish, or to post any other rumours you may have come across.

If anyone wishes to debate further the non-Macken issues raised in this thread please feel free to PM me.

Cheers,

Ack