ITV fire TV pundit

as for robbie earle...think jack warner..x1million.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/ju...-orange-dresses

FIFA are hypocrites.

So basically, no one would have ever known they had anything to do with Bavaria Beer company, being that 99% of Dutch fans where Orange and no branding appeared on the attire. They chuck them out and hey ho, they get lots of press coverage. I suppose this will stop companies from trying this in future NOT!!

This particular Beer company has got previous though. At the 2006 world cup they handed out a load of free dungarees with their logo on to the Dutch who then wore them (or tried to) to the games. The German stewards stopped them and the Dutch rather than not go to the game simply took them off and walked in with what they had on underneath- mainly pants.

I think this sums up what is wrong with the world cup- Robbie Earle gets 50 free tickets despite being paid to watch the game for his family and friends- which makes a mockery since that is probably 5 times the number 1 person could buy on the open market. He then hands them out to some pretty ladies (so much for his family- especially his missus) who wore something they got which is orange because it is orange and they got it for free from the beer company for a recent Dutch national holiday. If FIFA ever want to get respect back into the world up (and full stadiums) they should stop handing out freebie tickets to company a-z when most of these end up on the black market.

Its not just FIFA though quite a few famous footballers have done this for big games- Bobbie Charlton was banned for a while from getting FA cup final tickets cos he had flogged them for a big profit- these days if Utd are there his got seats in the royal box.

Note When I read this I didn't see Robbie Earle getting paid for his tickets he gave them away (which probably makes this much less serious).

It's interesting that Ambush Marketing is Illegal in SA, yet so many advertising people were not aware of it. Makes me think when did this law come in considering Ambush Marketing is a relatively new thing and you can't imagine to many people in SA doing it prior to the World Cup. Perhaps Fifa may have pushed the country into doing this to protect themselves.

As for whether its right or wrong, yes it costs a fortune to put a world cup on, mostly funded by the local tax payer, yet Fifa gets a huge amount of money in profits without really having to pay out much in the first instance. Then they make the local government sign a contract saying that they do not have to pay tax on their profits. So for instance, SA have to build a stadium, Fifa gets the money from Advertising in the stadium (mostly) and then doesn't pay any tax on this. Fantastic.

I applaud Bavaria on their creative marketing.

It's interesting that Ambush Marketing is Illegal in SA, yet so many advertising people were not aware of it. Makes me think when did this law come in considering Ambush Marketing is a relatively new thing and you can't imagine to many people in SA doing it prior to the World Cup. Perhaps Fifa may have pushed the country into doing this to protect themselves.

As for whether its right or wrong, yes it costs a fortune to put a world cup on, mostly funded by the local tax payer, yet Fifa gets a huge amount of money in profits without really having to pay out much in the first instance. Then they make the local government sign a contract saying that they do not have to pay tax on their profits. So for instance, SA have to build a stadium, Fifa gets the money from Advertising in the stadium (mostly) and then doesn't pay any tax on this. Fantastic.

I applaud Bavaria on their creative marketing.

I was correct, it turns out South Africa only passed the Merchandise Act in 2006 after pressure from Fifa.

Merchandise Act

Edited by jimsleftfoot