Ernie Cooksey golf day

Anyone interested in entering a team next year can contact me via the details in the link

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/page/NewsDeta...2093323,00.html

Non handicap golfers are more than welcome, we had quite a few in teams that entered. For the purposes of the day they were given a 28 handicap. Manchester golf club understood it was a charity golf day so make allowances in that regard.

It was a seriously good day, everyone who entered has put a marker down to play again next year. Gee Dee trophies in Shaw provided the trophies free of charge including an annual Ernie Cooksey memorial cup that we can award the winning team each year. Ernies family in London were asked if they wanted to come and present the trophy but, understandably, with it being Ernies 2nd anniversary they felt it right and proper they were down south. They did however send their best wishes saying they were touched people were still remembering Ernie and they felt he would be proud this was being done in his name. Rochdale were very helpful in providing a signed shirt of Ernies they had for us to auction.

We are in negotiation to try and get the price down for next year which again, hopefully, will be on a weekend to mark Ernies anniversary.

So anyone who is a golfer, handicap or non handicap, is more than welcome to drop me a mail if you are interested in putting a team in. As soon as we have final details I can then let you know.

It's andyworthington.factor50@googlemail.com

Cheers

Andy

Edited by inspectormorose

I will deffo have a team in it next year

As soon as we have details I will let you know. Probably be later in the year before we roll next years event out but we want to keep it around Ernie's anniversary, seems appropriate, so keep the first week in July 2011 in mind. :wink:

Edited by inspectormorose