Raymond Francis Putterill

why because he scored two goals against us ?

I would suggest the OP attended the match and noticed that he possessed skill, guile, poise in the box and the ability to beat (and hang out to dry) our captain a few times.

Oh and on top of that, he is a positive striker that makes his own chances and has an eye for goal.

I would suggest the OP attended the match and noticed that he possessed skill, guile, poise in the box and the ability to beat (and hang out to dry) our captain a few times.

Oh and on top of that, he is a positive striker that makes his own chances and has an eye for goal.

in league 2 !

once and finally when rubes got his act togeather then the lad didnt have a sniff.

Correct.

Just found this though he's had some bad injuries. Looked like the sort of player we were missing today.

Club career

Putterill started his career at Liverpool working his way through their youth teams and moving up to the Liverpool Academy in the summer of 2005. In April 2007 he was in the team that lifted the 2007 FA Youth Cup for Liverpool.[1] He was given a senior contract in the summer of 2007[2][3] and made one first team appearance against Crewe Alexandra in pre-season during July 2007 in a friendly match, when he scored.[4]. He was awarded the number 35 shirt at Liverpool for the 2007/08 season and was named on the bench for the first time in a Football League Cup tie against Reading in September 2007.[5] He was unable to break into the first team and failure to prove his fitness after a hip operation resulted in his release from Liverpool at the end of the 2008–2009 season.

His nickname is 'Razor' both in relation to his 1st name 'Ray' and also his aggressive playing style much like former Liverpool legend 'Razor Ruddock'.[citation needed]

After seven operations throughout his career including a fractured spine, a hip reconstruction, cartilage in his knee, a hernia operation and a fractured spine when playing for England Schoolboys, the under 15s, against Ireland[6], in July 2010 he signed for League two club Accrington Stanley on a six month contract. He made his league debut on 7 August 2010 in the opening match of the season against Aldershot[7] and scored his first goal for the club on 25 August 2010 in a Carling Cup tie against Newcastle United.[8]

In September 2010, both Putterill and Accrington Stanley were charged by the Football Association after the midfielder played whilst under a 42-day Liverpool County FA suspension. This related to an incident whilst playing in a Liverpool County Premier League match for Halewood Town F.C in April 2010 where he had been found guilty of improper or insulting behaviour,[9] after swearing at the referee.[10] The ban came into effect from 30 August 2010 and it was thought that playing Putterill may lead to Stanley being expelled from the Football League Trophy.[11]. On 13 October 2010 Stanley withdrew from the competition and Tranmere were reinstated.[12]. He returned from this ban in a League Two match on 16 October 2010 as a late substitute in Stanley's match against Rotherham.[13]

Edited by BlueTed

in league 2 !

once and finally when rubes got his act togeather then the lad didnt have a sniff.

But he played against a full-strength, top 10 League One defence today though, Lee and looked very dangerous.

By the time Rubes got to grips with him (and I'm not convinced he ever did), he scored 2 and Stanley were 3-0 up!

I'd sign him uptomorrow if we could.

But he played against a full-strength, top 10 League One defence today though, Lee and looked very dangerous.

By the time Rubes got to grips with him (and I'm not convinced he ever did), he scored 2 and Stanley were 3-0 up!

I'd sign him uptomorrow if we could.

full strength ???? yeah ok ill let you think that was our full strength team.

Correct.

Just found this though he's had some bad injuries. Looked like the sort of player we were missing today.

Club career

Putterill started his career at Liverpool working his way through their youth teams and moving up to the Liverpool Academy in the summer of 2005. In April 2007 he was in the team that lifted the 2007 FA Youth Cup for Liverpool.[1] He was given a senior contract in the summer of 2007[2][3] and made one first team appearance against Crewe Alexandra in pre-season during July 2007 in a friendly match, when he scored.[4]. He was awarded the number 35 shirt at Liverpool for the 2007/08 season and was named on the bench for the first time in a Football League Cup tie against Reading in September 2007.[5] He was unable to break into the first team and failure to prove his fitness after a hip operation resulted in his release from Liverpool at the end of the 2008–2009 season.

His nickname is 'Razor' both in relation to his 1st name 'Ray' and also his aggressive playing style much like former Liverpool legend 'Razor Ruddock'.[citation needed]

After seven operations throughout his career including a fractured spine, a hip reconstruction, cartilage in his knee, a hernia operation and a fractured spine when playing for England Schoolboys, the under 15s, against Ireland[6], in July 2010 he signed for League two club Accrington Stanley on a six month contract. He made his league debut on 7 August 2010 in the opening match of the season against Aldershot[7] and scored his first goal for the club on 25 August 2010 in a Carling Cup tie against Newcastle United.[8]

In September 2010, both Putterill and Accrington Stanley were charged by the Football Association after the midfielder played whilst under a 42-day Liverpool County FA suspension. This related to an incident whilst playing in a Liverpool County Premier League match for Halewood Town F.C in April 2010 where he had been found guilty of improper or insulting behaviour,[9] after swearing at the referee.[10] The ban came into effect from 30 August 2010 and it was thought that playing Putterill may lead to Stanley being expelled from the Football League Trophy.[11]. On 13 October 2010 Stanley withdrew from the competition and Tranmere were reinstated.[12]. He returned from this ban in a League Two match on 16 October 2010 as a late substitute in Stanley's match against Rotherham.[13]

I reckon PD and Taggart would be the ideal candidates to get him back on the straight and narrow. Then we would have some player on our hands IMHO

I'm not saying he isn't a good player, but saying we should sign him after seeing him play well for 70 minutes is ridiculous...

I know. I'm not really in a position to sign him up anyway am I? :grin:

Its just that he looked a decent player against us. We need a decent, self contained striker who can grow with us and put the ball in the net etc etc.

He should definately be watched if we can afford him. If he turns out to be worth a punt, we should go for him even if it means moving a few on. It turns out he has a decent pedigree too.

Goals win games as we found out again today. There's no getting away from it!

Pudding. Agree with Jonesy. Looked a League 2 player at best, unfortunately we looked Conference level in our defending. Would much rather have Taylor, Tounkare, Kelly, Brooke and maybe even Feeney

Feeney out for Putterill and A.N.Other would strengthen us I reckon.

Pudding? How about Feeney? :lol:

A bit harsh sorry.

I know. I'm not really in a position to sign him up anyway am I? :grin:

Its just that he looked a decent player against us. We need a decent, self contained striker who can grow with us and put the ball in the net etc etc.

He should definately be watched if we can afford him. If he turns out to be worth a punt, we should go for him even if it means moving a few on. It turns out he has a decent pedigree too.

Goals win games as we found out again today. There's no getting away from it!

Maybe i'm being a tad grumpy tbf, I did just get back from the game <_<

Sign him up.

very impressed by him, thought he ran the show and from midfield not up front as some others seem to be suggesting (I was on the side) can't believe he has only played 10 games, a class act ( on the evidence of one game :) )

When I first clicked on this thread, I was expecting it to be entirely different. There are far better players out there who we have let go in the last 6 years (or even 6 months). He did well against Reuben Hazell who was dire, on most other days Reuben puts him in his pocket.