Fa Youth cup V Man city

Looks like our centre back Matt. D. Carr could miss the game against Man. City now, as he was sent off for violent conduct against Preston on Saturday at Chapel Rd. Think its an automatic three match ban for the lad, a real sickner to round off a bad day as we also lost the game 3 - 1

Looks like our centre back Matt. D. Carr could miss the game against Man. City now, as he was sent off for violent conduct against Preston on Saturday at Chapel Rd. Think its an automatic three match ban for the lad, a real sickner to round off a bad day as we also lost the game 3 - 1

I guess it depends on how quickly the ban comes into force. Did you see what he did? I was looking at the referee as he was giving Kyle Riley and the Preston number 10 a talking to. The Preston keeper was determined to make sure that the referee went across to speak with the linesman.

It was a very young Latics side this morning. Obviously, Crompton, Burns and Winchester are with the first team and Tarkowski had picked up a foot injury in training, so the only second years on the pitch were Greg Kidd, Matty D Carr and Matty A Carr. There was an under sixteen on the right wing and the entire bench was made up of under sixteens. We finished the game with under sixteens in both full-back positions.

The one bright spot was a glorious strike by Connor Hughes, who scored to make the scoreline 2-1. He was fully forty yards from goal and wide on the left when he struck the ball sweetly into the top corner. Sadly, the sending off ended any chance of a comeback and Preston wrapped things up, with Latics woefully short at the back.

Edited by Takemeanywhere

Apparently it was for a head butt, very foolish, wish our lads would cut out the indiscipline and concentrate on their football more.

Agreed. When we get it down and pass, we're a very good side. We just never got started today and the inexperience showed. Let's hope it's better next Saturday against Dale's youth team...

Agreed. When we get it down and pass, we're a very good side. We just never got started today and the inexperience showed. Let's hope it's better next Saturday against Dale's youth team...

Was at Dagenham so was not able to do a teamsheet yesterday but I will do one retrospectivley when I get the details.

If anyone wants one PM me.

This is sad though ....... got to the ground very early so the mrs and I went to watch the youth game between Dagenham and Brighton.

Edited by Museum de Latique

The date has not yet been arranged for the game - so he could still make it. Has to be played by 11 December