dale v latics

Furman again was knackered mid second half, the coldness didn't help and we just weren't channeling anything through the middle, we were just hoofing it aimlessly. Jones should have replaced Furman around the 70th minute, a bit more energy in the middle might have reinvigorating us.

Why were we letting O'Grady take the ball down and giving him space to pass? Dale have some decent ball players and they'll do alright this season. As for us, hope we haven't already peaked already, today we were decent at best in the first half and just not in it for the second. When you look back at Dale having a couple of decent chances and half a dozen half chances in the second half, you have to say it's a decent point because if one team was looking more likely to score a second, it was them. But it wasn't the response from Tuesday we were looking for and that's disappointing.

Overall, it was cold and shít and if you couldn't go, you really didn't miss anything.

For me, that just about sums it up. Was chuffed to bits when the game got the go ahead this morning. Blagged an early finish from work, squeezed 4 pints in before kick off...and then the game ruined what was threatening to be a good day. I know a point's a point and all that, and i can't complain at out league position etc etc, but today's performance was dire, bitterly disappointing :disappointed:

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone he has been :censored:e two games in a row now !

hes been :censored:e for months but it tends to get glossed over when we win...

i would in all honesty drop him for a game or two use jones in middle..we have plenty of options for midfield now,he needs a kick up the arse and to start producing his early season form again....when hes good he is very good,when he isnt on it hes bad..

hes been :censored:e for months but it tends to get glossed over when we win...

i would in all honesty drop him for a game or two use jones in middle..we have plenty of options for midfield now,he needs a kick up the arse and to start producing his early season form again....when hes good he is very good,when he isnt on it hes bad..

finally someone who is not looking through rose tinted glasses and sees how :censored:e he has actually been, 70 % of balls he played today when out of play or to a dale player.

finally someone who is not looking through rose tinted glasses and sees how :censored:e he has actually been, 70 % of balls he played today when out of play or to a dale player.

He had a good game at Tranmere and then once the scouts turned up and he thought he'd be playing in the next world cup, he fell back to earth and ain't got back up yet!!!

I didn't count.

But early on in the game he was pretty special, lots of the play going through him and linking up really well with Taylor in particular.

As for the second half, did we actually have a midfield on the pitch? They all mysteriously vanished! So as he hardly saw the ball I doubt he had 10 passes to waste 7 of.

Edited by opinions4u

Once they equalised we was shocking. Extremely disappointed today, we just let them run over us, and dickov, send a player upfront when they oppo has a corner or set piece, please! it just keeps comin back and back into our box! when we clear it their is no one their to chase it down and pressure the oppo defence, instead of letting it come back. We couldnt pass the ball today, hardly anyone was willing to run at their defence (evina - had the ball with loads of space just walked forward and passed it to a dale player!) and left-back is a slight worry, Black and Evina seem to continuously be getting skinned down the left, Brill was annoying today, to slow in getting the ball out when he had the chance to, and he should be banned from kicking to the right side of the pitch, it is getting annoying now. Disappointed with today, time to move on, look at walsall game and forget about today.

Once they equalised we was shocking. Extremely disappointed today, we just let them run over us, and dickov, send a player upfront when they oppo has a corner or set piece, please! it just keeps comin back and back into our box! when we clear it their is no one their to chase it down and pressure the oppo defence, instead of letting it come back. We couldnt pass the ball today, hardly anyone was willing to run at their defence (evina - had the ball with loads of space just walked forward and passed it to a dale player!) and left-back is a slight worry, Black and Evina seem to continuously be getting skinned down the left, Brill was annoying today, to slow in getting the ball out when he had the chance to, and he should be banned from kicking to the right side of the pitch, it is getting annoying now. Disappointed with today, time to move on, look at walsall game and forget about today.

Dickov said on Manchester Radio that Rochdale changed it second half and fair play for them for their tactical switch :unsure:

I've already declared my love for PD but Paul, that's when you earn yer corn son :blush:

As for the second half, did we actually have a midfield on the pitch?

The writing was on the wall in the last 15 minutes of the first half when their midfield got a grip. I thought we needed another player in there but since Dickov has got us to 6th in the league I'm not inclined to argue too much. Stephens's form has dropped off but untill we realistically have someone to replace him he stays in.

You speak like I lay the blame at someone's door after every below par performance Tel me owd cock :wink:

I said Jones was :censored: after the Preston game pre-season and ain't changed me mind yet love :wub:

Ah ok Just a one player hatred campaign no problem with that

I actually thought you may have blamed Black today but hey ho

Who was it last season Whittaker

sad sad sad

Well done Rob sounds like an honest report

Ah ok Just a one player hatred campaign no problem with that

I actually thought you may have blamed Black today but hey ho

Who was it last season Whittaker

sad sad sad

I'm a tiny bit sad today my little cherub :wub: but I'll be ok tomorrow :wink:

You saying Black was poor then, I'd probably agree with that now that you mention it, see we agree on something :blush:

If you wanna get a little closer and personal, you can be my friend on FB if you want Tel, or just stalk me on here if you're a little shy :tongue1:

After a bright start when Latics were on top for about twenty minutes, Dale bossed the game. In the second half it was all Dale pressure and Latics clearances inevitably found a Dale player. Nobody was left upfield at corners yet again so there was no outlet when a clearance was made.

Taylor had his best game for some time, and Brill kept us in the game on a couple of occasions. Twice when Dale looked likely to produce an attempt on goal, their player slipped and the chance was gone - we have the pitch to thank for that. :tongue1:

If I'd been a Dale supporter I would be bitterly disappointed that two points were lost today.

All things considered, Latics were lucky to get a point, but that means a top six place which isn't to be scoffed at, for a team that rarely fires on all cylinders. I still think a top 12 finish would be satisfactory for this young squad, but if the team carries on picking up points we might over-achieve.

A good turnout from our fans, but the atmosphere wasn't a patch on the eight minute game. :disappointed: I couldn't believe the booing at the end and only some half-hearted applause for the players. :mad:

I'm a tiny bit sad today my little cherub :wub: but I'll be ok tomorrow :wink:

You saying Black was poor then, I'd probably agree with that now that you mention it, see we agree on something :blush:

If you wanna get a little closer and personal, you can be my friend on FB if you want Tel, or just stalk me on here if you're a little shy :tongue1:

You need to decide if i'm male or female my little swamp duck

After a bright start when Latics were on top for about twenty minutes, Dale bossed the game. In the second half it was all Dale pressure and Latics clearances inevitably found a Dale player. Nobody was left upfield at corners yet again so there was no outlet when a clearance was made.

Taylor had his best game for some time, and Brill kept us in the game on a couple of occasions. Twice when Dale looked likely to produce an attempt on goal, their player slipped and the chance was gone - we have the pitch to thank for that. :tongue1:

If I'd been a Dale supporter I would be bitterly disappointed that two points were lost today.

All things considered, Latics were lucky to get a point, but that means a top six place which isn't to be scoffed at, for a team that rarely fires on all cylinders. I still think a top 12 finish would be satisfactory for this young squad, but if the team carries on picking up points we might over-achieve.

A good turnout from our fans, but the atmosphere wasn't a patch on the eight minute game. :disappointed: I couldn't believe the booing at the end and only some half-hearted applause for the players. :mad:

The pitch was rock hard in places and had a bearing on the game, they used it to their advantage and played the balls over our players and down the channels!!