The G

MrTick

Now I may have been away from Blighty for 5 years now.......but when the hell did they start calling The MCG "The G"?

It's like saying are we away next week or at "The P"

Wankers

It's the Aussie obsession with shortening everything and anything. As i drive into work in the mornings, the traffic reports always refer to accidents where there's an 'Ambo' (Ambulance) on it's way....documentaries on TV are referred to as Doco's by presenters.....even McDonalds advertise on TV as Macca's. The Aussie rules season is populated with even more of it. TV and Radio will reel off "tonight it's the Doggies (Western Bulldogs) against the Pies (Collingwood.....nickname the magpies, shortened to pies) at the G"

A whole new language over here!

Edited by otid

It's the Aussie obsession with shortening everything and anything. As i drive into work in the mornings, the traffic reports always refer to accidents where there's an 'Ambo' (Ambulance) on it's way....documentaries on TV are referred to as Doco's by presenters.....even McDonalds advertise on TV as Macca's. The Aussie rules season is populated with even more of it. TV and Radio will reel off "tonight it's the Doggies (Western Bulldogs) against the Pies (Collingwood.....nickname the magpies, shortened to pies) at the G"

A whole new language over here!

Ah ok - thanks

I'll stick with my original synopsis :wink: