Neal Trotman

Deserves a lot of praise after his performance today, he picked up right where he left off before moving to Preston, looking solid and dominant in the air as ever.

He had one of the best strikers in the division (who appears to be on his way to The Championship) in his back pocket all game. Charlie Austin couldn't do anything. Trotman blitzed him.

MOTM for me today, if it wasn't for his defending, alongside Reuben (who got back to business as usual) Swindon would have for sure found a way through to score. For all Swindon's possession around our box, for the spells we were pinned back in our own penalty area; you can count the chances they had on one hand because of the solid display from our centre backs.

Chuffed he's on board for the rest of the season.

Edited by PlayItLivo

Deserves a lot of praise after his performance today, he picked up right where he left off before moving to Preston, looking solid and dominant in the air as ever.

He had one of the best strikers in the division (who appears to be on his way to The Championship) in his back pocket all game. Charlie Austin couldn't do anything. Trotman blitzed him.

MOTM for me today, if it wasn't for his defending, alongside Reuben (who got back to business as usual) Swindon would have for sure found a way through to score. For all Swindon's possession around our box, for the spells we were pinned back in our own penalty area; you can count the chances they had on one hand because of the solid display from our centre backs.

+1, thought Amos looked solid today, still a bit shakey on crosses, but when he went for them he either caught it or got a good punch to it, apart from one in first half, looks like a good shot stopper as well, also looks confident on either foot

Neal Trotman, It's like he never left....

Would disagree with this to be honest. i thought he looked twice the player today than he was when he left. Much more mature and a better all round performer. When we sold him he had great potential but was raw, likely to get booked every game and his main strength was his heading. Seemed to have a lot more about him today. I also thought Hazell was marking Austin to start with and looked vulnerable. Trotman as you say had him in his pocket once they switched. And panicked Austin into conceding the penalty. I'm also pleased we've got him for the rest of the season and am I right in thinking his contract is up this year?

His contract is up and with performances like that we won't stand a chance of signing him. Preston won't give him another contract and he won't want one, they'll write him off, crap signing etc, etc. He'll be gone for free in July.

We're brassic, I know, I don't know how well PlayerShare has worked out, but if we can scrape together some sort of fee, like 60k-100k (we paid 65k for Joe Colbeck, lol), you think Preston would cut their losses now? They'll lose him for free anyway at the end of the season. a 5th of what they paid is better than a poke in eye. And then offer him a 3 and a half year deal and we've got the perfect long term replacement for Gregan and another saleable asset should he maintain his level of performances like last time.

Edited by PlayItLivo

His contract is up and with performances like that we won't stand a chance of signing him. Preston won't give him another contract and he won't want one, they'll write him off, crap signing etc, etc. He'll be gone for free in July.

We're brassic, I know, I don't know how well PlayerShare has worked out, but if we can scrape together some sort of fee, like 60k-100k (we paid 65k for Joe Colbeck, lol), you think Preston would cut their losses now? They'll lose him for free anyway at the end of the season. a 5th of what they paid is better than a poke in eye. And then offer him a 3 and a half year deal and we've got the perfect long term replacement for Gregan and another saleable asset should he maintain his level of performances like last time.

we have him till the end of the season so why would we offer cash for him when he is out of contract with them.

he is happy at latics were happy with him lets see how it goes!!

we have him till the end of the season so why would we offer cash for him when he is out of contract with them.

he is happy at latics were happy with him lets see how it goes!!

To secure that we actually get him rather than risk other clubs becoming interested, outbidding us or at least driving up his wage demands.

To secure that we actually get him rather than risk other clubs becoming interested, outbidding us or at least driving up his wage demands.

well, why bid like 100k now, when we can offer him a contract now and get him for free, providing preston dont offer him a new contract?

well, why bid like 100k now, when we can offer him a contract now and get him for free, providing preston dont offer him a new contract?

isnt he free to discuss contracts with other clubs after jan 3rd because he is in last 12 months of contract???.we have him till end of season,i guess only real hope we have of getting him back full time is to go up,because we know he is happy here and likes playing here,so if were in championship i think he would stay.

isnt he free to discuss contracts with other clubs after jan 3rd because he is in last 12 months of contract???.we have him till end of season,i guess only real hope we have of getting him back full time is to go up,because we know he is happy here and likes playing here,so if were in championship i think he would stay.

That's my understanding. Afaik once they have 6 months to go they can actually sign to a new club for when the contract ends. i.e Preston have no call on him now, it's up to Trotters what he wants to do / sign. Interviews suggest he'd re-sign if we go up.

That's my understanding. Afaik once they have 6 months to go they can actually sign to a new club for when the contract ends. i.e Preston have no call on him now, it's up to Trotters what he wants to do / sign. Interviews suggest he'd re-sign if we go up.

yeah that was my take on it...and in his interview he says he is here because he wants to play and latics are going for promotion...think it would be great if we did and he signed again...head and shoulders above most defenders in this league,he has added more to his game,and makes us a threat from corners,if we ever manage to play one in correct