Trust Question

You could probably establish a narrower objective to the Trust which becomes charitable, such as "ensuring the children of Oldham are able to see professional football played within the borough" etc.

The problem is that this would remove the flexibility of the organisation to respond to detrimental actions of current / future owners unless that flexibility specifically met the chartiable aims.

Complying with charitable regulations of our favourite QUANGO the Charities Commission can be a pain in the orifice and could potentially cost more in auditors fees than can be reclaimed in tax.

Almost certainly not worth it.

Its an angle I have never thought of before but probably won't work... but well done to the op for thinking outside of the box!

Being involved with the church I understand about some of the issues and benefits of being involved with a charity. We have bought two buildings which are for the good of the community and although I don't know the exact numbers and amounts I do know being a charity helped. I wonder if there is an angle worth looking at in regards to running a not for profit football ground for the good of the community, which Latics could then rent and any profits from the stadium go back into the stadium to provide facilities for the community.

Its possibly something we could look at as a long term safety net to protect the stadium. But we would no doubt have to raise huge amounts which probably makes it pie in the sky talk :) and to be frank its not inline with the trusts current vision of supporting the current owners rather than build a fighting fund etc (is that fair to say ?)

Its good that people are exploring all options.

Edited by oafc0000