Meeting with Alan Hardy re Replica Kits

good work carl.

I wear footy kits for running.

I have no idea how deals work between clubs & manufacturers & I'm sure there are lots of issues either way but personally I won't be buying an oldham kit til it's nike, adidas or umbro.

Club our size would massively lose out financially if we have one of them as our suppliers (maybe not umbro)

As Markoasis said not too long back, a few clubs have seemingly lost out financially big time by having Nike as their kit manufacturer. Rotherham being one, where basically most of the sales revenue went to Nike rather than the club, and their club shop was basically turned into a nike store. Or as quoted from a Rotherham fan

Just Sport Pro group [same bunch who will be taking over Bradford club shop] which is a company connected to Nike took the franchise to the clubshop and obviousy took alot of money away from the club. Also the quality of shirts were poor too. They were basic Nike templates and not good material either.Link Here

I was also told the following re Nike:

- That the lower division teams 'Nike' kits arent actually made by Nike, their made by a local company who are allowed to use the nike franchise.

- With nike, clubs get much less input into the design of the shirts and sometimes basically get told which design they are having, or a choice of templates. ALthough this point I would question as when Bradford recently announced their deal with nike, they said they were getting an 'individually designed kit' just for their use.

I am pretty sure with Latics they basically order the merchandise from Carbrini/whoever else makes it at Cost x, and sell them for price y.

I buy into most of this, but I will take some convincing that the designs for the last few seasons haven't been given to the club as "this one or that one."

I think the problems come when the shirts are stretched over the beer belly or put in the tumble dryer or on a radiator!

Follow the washing instructions and buy the right size and you should be fine :grin::grin:

I did, the tangerene shirt lasted 2 washes before flaking start, the home shirt one :(

so whats the deal then? I bought the 6-12 month year old kit for my son, the carbrini C has peeled off, can I take it back for an exchange, is that what ur tellin me?

If you still have a receipt I cant see why you can't. Put it this way, I would!!!

Has the carbrini shirt sponsor stayed on ok?