Been working away in Kenilworth; Nr Coventry for the week – and staying in the same hotel as me were a grounp of blokes from Bolton; all of them season ticket holders. My works lot & them ended up watching the Champions Leagues games together in the hotel bar.

As Bolton fans; I asked them about their thoughts / any news on Tom Eaves & got some interesting stuff from them.

In summary:

- They watch the reserve games and so have seen him play a lot this season

- They rate very highly – more than they do for Klansnic (spl) his more regular strike-partner apparently.

- He scored a hat-trick last game they watched him in; and a brace the game before that (not checked / googled who that was against)

- They & many of the those that sit around them have wanted Coyle to have used him in the 1st team before now

- As ‘they have f-all to play for now’ – the chaps are really hoping he’ll be featuring for them in some of the last 3/4 games.

I then asked what they thought of a loan move for him next season; some were keen for him to go out; others thought he wouldn’t be allowed to go out as he’d be move involved with the 1st team. Of those who thought a loan move would be good for him; they definitely thought he would be out at Championship Level; as “he’s way too good for league 1 now”.

Just posting on some info straight from Trotters fans; no more than that. Thought i’d share with the group!