More moonlighting for Dickov

http://www.football-league.co.uk/league1/news/20110516/more-moonlighting-for-dickov_2293324_2361088

Oldham boss Paul Dickov says he will continue to partake in as much media work as possible as he feels it can benefit the Latics.

Dickov, having just ended his debut season in management, carried out media duties at Manchester City's 1-0 win over Tottenham last week and their victory over Stoke in Saturday's FA Cup final at Wembley.

Dickov remains a popular figure at City after he scored one of the landmark goals in the club's chequered history in the 1999 Division Two play-off final against Gillingham, which helped to seal promotion, and the former Scotland striker said: "Everybody had picked up on the injury-time goal I scored for City in the 1999 play-off final and the fact that had we not beaten Gillingham, the club might not be where it is today."

He added: "As far as I am concerned, the more media work the better as it is more publicity for Oldham Athletic and that can only be good for the club.

"I have also been working hard for Oldham Athletic as I have been able to see many of my contacts which has been important in my job as Latics manager."

The Boundary Park club finished 17th in npower League One this season despite having occupied a play-off place in February.