Oldham Athletic - next 7 days in the diary

With pre-season training starting last Wednesday and the squad starting to take shape we can look forward to two games at the end of this week.

The youth team have the honour of first game, at Silsden of the NWCL, on Friday night - NOTE KO is 18.30

This game should have re-opened the Silsden stadium (ASDA Foundation Stadium) last season after Silsden moved back from playing their games at Keighley Cougars patch. Unfortunatley the ground was not ready and the game was moved to Chapel Road. I think the Latics lads won 2-0.

Here are the address details: Address: Keighley Road, Silsden, Keighley, West Yorkshire, BD20 0EH

A629 Skipton to Keighley Road, take A6034, ground is on the left after the golf driving range.

Been past it but never been to a game there and looks a decent ground.

Admission will be £2 adults and £1 concessions.

There are no plans to do a programme but they tell me we MIGHT do a teamsheet. I will get the wife to bring her mithering head.

Also there is a new sports club which the bar will be open before and after the game.

On Saturday afternoon the first team play at Barrow again (15.00). No news on admission though Barrow did promise the details after they where set on Thursday evening though they did have two directors resign at the meeting to be fair.

One thing they did say that is would be cash on the turnstile - no buying tickets at reception like last year.

Directions: M6 Junction 36, onto A590 signposted Barrow. Follow A590 all the way to the outskirts of Barrow, entering via industrial route towards the Town Centre. Passing the fire station on the right, take the next left into Wilkie Road. The ground is on the right hand side. Post code for Sat-Nav is LA14 5UW.

As soon as I have the details from Barrow I will post them.

Edited by Museum de Latique