Well, we are now well into the playoffs.

Texas hold a 1-0 lead over Detroit.

Milwaukee play St Louis tonight.

This year is as open as any. The loss of the Yankees and Phillies has seen the thing thrown wide open.

Not sure any baseball fans are still about though. Help Shiny and Boundary Blue I seem to remember. Any one else now?

COME ON THE CARDINALS.

Well, we are now well into the playoffs.

Texas hold a 1-0 lead over Detroit.

Milwaukee play St Louis tonight.

This year is as open as any. The loss of the Yankees and Phillies has seen the thing thrown wide open.

Not sure any baseball fans are still about though. Help Shiny and Boundary Blue I seem to remember. Any one else now?

COME ON THE CARDINALS.

Must admit to the usual postseason excitement. Nothing against yourself but I've taken against the Cards somewhat (although good job on doing the Phillies!) so COME ON YOU BREWERS! Not 100% sure why but there's something I dont like about the whole state of Texas (although been to Austin and it was nice enough) so COME ON YOU TIGERS!

As you no doubt know yourself it's the devil's own job to get time to watch the bloody things but I've managed 4 postseason games so far and will watch tonight's NLCS Game 2 tomorrow morning. Be nice to watch my own team (Mets) in the post season on occasion but they're as gash as ever, if not more so ;-)

Ah, the Mets. My brother was a Mets fan when growing up*. The 4-3 win against Boston was played many times in front of me. Darryl and company.

I went to both the Tigers (best stadium I've been to) and Brewers (best place in the US I've visited - a complete and utter party town), so am pretty happy with how things have progressed, along with St Louis (who, you'll be happy to hear are fairly universally hated in the Mid-West). I don't dislike Texas, but they are certainly the last of the four for me. Any of the others I'm happy with.

Sky+ helps to watch the stuff, but it turns into the Bulgaria v England Likely Lads episode every day. Even more unhelpful is if games get rained off, as I am unaware to record the replay.

NB. Hurrah, for last night.

*He shifted to the Padres on visiting San Diego.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

ah yes, I have that Boston box set at home.

I know what you mean about the Likely Lads. I have a bad habit of absentmindedly putting on Sky Sports News the day after and then seeing the result & then swearing a bit.

Havent been to any of the four cities left in it but wouldnt mind giving them all a go. Milwaukee's stadium looks lovely. Is Detroit a bit scary?

Anyway good luck for the rest of the NLCS*

* - fingers crossed behind back

ah yes, I have that Boston box set at home.

I know what you mean about the Likely Lads. I have a bad habit of absentmindedly putting on Sky Sports News the day after and then seeing the result & then swearing a bit.

Havent been to any of the four cities left in it but wouldnt mind giving them all a go. Milwaukee's stadium looks lovely. Is Detroit a bit scary?

Anyway good luck for the rest of the NLCS*

* - fingers crossed behind back

I thought that Milwaukee's stadium just lacked that ballpark personality (I guess it's the dome thing), and slipped behind Detroit and maybe Pittsburgh.

The last tour was a bit of a two wek treck around :censored:holes of the US, once Chicago (had to pick up the Cubs after already collecting the White Sox previously) and Toronto (nice, but far too cafe culture) had been done. By the time we arrived on the Greyhound they could have shot me and I wouldn't have given a :censored:. We only used it to head to Cincinnati, Cleveland and Pittsburgh after that.

Detroit was a bit odd, what with a man singing about being a Martian heading in our direction (turns out it is a Lil Wayne song, apparently). But after you've done St Louis* most American cities seem alright. Especially the downtown areas. It was hot though.

*St Louis, ten minutes after arriving:

"Where are we going to eat tonight?"

<Points at TV> "There."

"Why's it on telly?"

"Someone was murdered there last night".