That is where we will finish this season! Just saying like.

Liking the optimism! Although the way we are going at present even five 0-0's won't be enough to get into the top half.

It's strange to think that we are twice as far from 21st as we are from 12th. Also how the hell did Tranmere make it to 11th??

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

Liking the optimism! Although the way we are going at present even five 0-0's won't be enough to get into the top half.

It's strange to think that we are twice as far from 21st as we are from 12th. Also how the hell did Tranmere make it to 11th??

By bringing in a manager who knows how to get results in this league, even if his playing style is unpopular.

We will take 7 points from Preston, Bury and Carlisle.

I'm a glass half full type of person, so always look for the positives. Tranmere made it to 11th by winning ONE game yesterday. I've been saying it for weeks and I'll keep saying it, starting again on Monday. "Win and we got into top half". Should be seen as a great achievement given that most banked on us to fill one of the bottom 4 places at the start of the season.

Also how the hell did Tranmere make it to 11th??

Must admit, when Ronnie Moore came back, the prospect of taking 17 points from 24 seemed a remote prospect, but fair play, he has really turned things round for us in the short term. To me, this also indicates that Les Parry was not making the most of the squad, so perhaps Ronnie has got a little lucky, walking into a job with a decent blank canvas to work with.

Whether he is the man to take us forward is a different matter, and with the majority of players out of contract this summer, and more savage budget cuts on the way, the future is not particularly rosy. Still, lower division football eh - you just can't beat it can you?

Anyway, I think we are both reasonably safe now, so see you next season, and if Ronnie is still in charge, that'll spice up our games again - there's no doubt about that! :grin:

Must admit, when Ronnie Moore came back, the prospect of taking 17 points from 24 seemed a remote prospect, but fair play, he has really turned things round for us in the short term. To me, this also indicates that Les Parry was not making the most of the squad, so perhaps Ronnie has got a little lucky, walking into a job with a decent blank canvas to work with.

Whether he is the man to take us forward is a different matter, and with the majority of players out of contract this summer, and more savage budget cuts on the way, the future is not particularly rosy. Still, lower division football eh - you just can't beat it can you?

Anyway, I think we are both reasonably safe now, so see you next season, and if Ronnie is still in charge, that'll spice up our games again - there's no doubt about that! :grin:

Fair play indeed to Ronnie, he's done a fantastic job considering you guys seemed to be dead and buried under Parry.

6 points might look like a decent gap from the drop for us, but three matches in the next week (us at Wednesday, Wycombe at Chesterfield and us at Wycombe next Saturday) could easily cut that gap to 0 points. With Wycombe's recent form and our 4 straight defeats without scoring it's hard to see anything else currently.