Whats a good season?

Just a bit of info that some might not be aware of (?) - we can't 'play the kids' in the JPT as it has restrictions on it.

I think it's 7 of the 11 need to have played in all the games prior to the JPT game, so the bulk of side will still be playing in these games, not merely the kids.

I for one want us to take it as seriously as we did last season. I want to go to Wembley and support my side, and this is the only realistic way I see it happening.

The cups are great, but potentially a problem with a thin squad. From the club's perspective though we surely have to be looking to get at least one good tie in either of the League or FA Cups.

In the League it's play-offs though. If Stevenage and Notts County can challenge then why not us?

Anything below top half and I would be very disappointed. It's about time we stop feeling sorry for ourselves and demand improvement. I would never expect or demand a top-six push, but the players we have do not belong in 16th place.

Half of the clubs in this division are very similar to ourselves. Budgets, fan outlook, general prospects - and I believe we possess better players than a lot of them. Our midfield, when fit, can be a terrific force and will struggle to be matched, particularly at Boundary Park. A 10th-place finish would be excellent. Another season like last year would be disastrous, and potentially fatal for Dickov.

Anything below top half and I would be very disappointed. It's about time we stop feeling sorry for ourselves and demand improvement. I would never expect or demand a top-six push, but the players we have do not belong in 16th place.

Half of the clubs in this division are very similar to ourselves. Budgets, fan outlook, general prospects - and I believe we possess better players than a lot of them. Our midfield, when fit, can be a terrific force and will struggle to be matched, particularly at Boundary Park. A 10th-place finish would be excellent. Another season like last year would be disastrous, and potentially fatal for Dickov.

Agree except for 10th place finish. Put pessimism to one side for now, and show me 9 teams in this league we'd do excellently to finish behind.

League - Top half

FA & League Cup - Only worth worrying about if we get in to the draw to be in a position to get a good pay day team.

JPT - Win. I'd love to see Latics back at Wembley and this is one of only two realistic ways for us to do that right now.