New Year's Honours - arise Sir Bradley

Full list.

http://www.cabinetoffice.gov.uk/sites/default/files/resources/NY2013-list.pdf

Pat Rice seems to be the only footballer of any note on there.

Olympic list:

http://www.cabinetoffice.gov.uk/sites/default/files/resources/NY2013-honours-London-2012.pdf

Sir Charles Benedict Ainslie, Sir Bradley Marc Wiggins, Dame Sarah Joanne Storey.

The bloke in charge of making sure banks were well run in 2007 and 2008 gets a Knighthood too.

Edited by opinions4u

109 pages of utter garbage. Blair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Emin!!! Kate Bush.... + Ex Etonian Camb/Oxford trolls. Services to trout!!! Bankers and hangers on. "Accepting for the team" Balderdash....

Throw in a few awards for the little people and sports stars and everyone supposed to smile. The whole process stinks..... The nurses and carers of Britain far more worthy than a cricketer or three, Robert Croft!!!! those in the financial sector and in very fortunate positions with having the connections. Blair ....... unbelievable.

Anyone who turns one of these down has the right idea. Boyle a hero if accurate.

So you would turn one down if offered and would pressure your loved ones to do the same would you? Until offered you cannot know that.

109 pages of utter garbage. Blair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Emin!!! Kate Bush.... + Ex Etonian Camb/Oxford trolls. Services to trout!!! Bankers and hangers on. "Accepting for the team" Balderdash....

Throw in a few awards for the little people and sports stars and everyone supposed to smile. The whole process stinks..... The nurses and carers of Britain far more worthy than a cricketer or three, Robert Croft!!!! those in the financial sector and in very fortunate positions with having the connections. Blair ....... unbelievable.

Anyone who turns one of these down has the right idea. Boyle a hero if accurate.

While I would agree that some of the recipients of awards aren't always the most deserving, most people who get one are being recognised correctly.

I support the concept of the honours system and I don't think the one we have is particularly bad.

But I don't think Cherie Blair or Hector Sants should be anywhere near this sort of recognition. Or Jimmy Savile come to think of it.

I respect the right of people to refuse an award. But if I was recognised in such a way I would be immensely proud.

Edited by opinions4u