A Couple in, A Couple Out! January Transfers

January Transfer window is now open and as per the chronicle, it looks as though TIDSER, IBHERE and MELLOR will be out the door. Potentially D.JOHNSON who is attracting attention from elsewhere.

Who do you want in? What positions? Who do you want out?

I say, with our CURRENT strongest line up;

Rachukba

Kusunga

J.Wilson

Dieng/Elekobi

Mills

Jones

Kelly

Forte

D.Johnson (needed if we can pull it off)

Phlliskirk

Ibhere

A Second half of season starting XI and bench of

New Keeper

Kusunga

J.Wilson

Dieng

Mills

Kelly

Jones

Forte

D.Johnson (if we can do so)

Philliskirk

New Striker

Bench: B.Wilson, Elekobi, Coleman, Morgan Smith, Winchester, Poleon, Dayton

Will see us hit the top 10 positions come may, even the play offs!

We need a new striker, a pacey one, a target man, one who can really give a defence a hard time. On that note, POLEON needs to pull his finger out and become the player he has the potential to be. Coming on for the last 20 mins or so, he should provide tiring defences with a real problem, as should the DAYTON. Winchester is another we have who can offer that zing in the last 20/15 mins and he too need to maintain consistency in form like we saw at the start of the season. Will we see the potential of morgan smith? Who knows! But for me, all we need is a striker and keeper and D.Johnson until the end of the season at minimum.

Consistency in the starting line up and formation, players pulling their weight, including those off the bench and maintenance of fitness ( we are only playing league games now) and I can really see us pushing for those play off spots. Goals are needed and I feel the like of Philli and Ibhere don't shoot enough.

If we can further pull off a final 10 minute push like Sheffield united do, capitalising on tiring defences and midfields, we can grab those late goals that can see us nick the much needed wins. Poleon, Dayton, Winchester and Morgan Smith being examples of this pacey attack minded players.

Lets leave December in the pit of the past. 2015! A new year for on and off the pitch adventures for all those at Latics.

One team One dream!

Keep the Faith!

Oh When Blues!

Edited by RoyleArmy1994

• 3 weeks later...

The rarely-wrong Chron says LJ wants three more players alongside Mellis. Then it quotes LJ saying:

“I want to get in another two or three players, if possible..." as he aims for the playoffs.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/89974/ljs-sights-fixed-on-playoffs