A few points on today.

Taylor had his best game in a while.

Yet again, we played alright and deserved more than we got. But we need to start sticking some chances away.

Quality goal from Daniels.

We looked a lot better when Hughesy was on, he should have had a penalty (can't believe that wasn't given) and he put himself about a bit. That tackle in the last couple of minutes was superb!

We need to start scoring (obviously), but keep on playing well and passing it on the floor and the goals and thus results will come.

Right, I'm off for a couple of bevvies,

KTF

Taylor had his best game in a while.

Yet again, we played alright and deserved more than we got. But we need to start sticking some chances away.

Quality goal from Daniels.

We looked a lot better when Hughesy was on, he should have had a penalty (can't believe that wasn't given) and he put himself about a bit. That tackle in the last couple of minutes was superb!

We need to start scoring (obviously), but keep on playing well and passing it on the floor and the goals and thus results will come.

Right, I'm off for a couple of bevvies,

KTF

Agree with your summary. There has been a consistent improvement in the two games since last Saturday. The big problem is the final ball and taking the chances that are being created. Beresford had nothing to do - it was a well struck goal.

Few chances for them, early one put away. Many, many more chances for us and plenty of possession but again none converted into goals.

Their grounds looks neat and tidy now and that pub was good again.

Pretty much sums it up in two sentences!!!

Right... book closed on orient, on to Tranmere!

Hughes has to start on Tuesday.... For me, start how we finished (pre wolfy).... Hughes and Davies up front - smalley on right wing, swap Davies and Smalley if needed.... lost count today how many times we had no-one in the middle as Smalley and davies had pulled wide.... Mr Hughes should solve that nicely...

Agree with your summary. There has been a consistent improvement in the two games since last Saturday. The big problem is the final ball and taking the chances that are being created. Beresford had nothing to do - it was a well struck goal.

Diego were you sat in my immediate vicinity again? Thought it was you behind me, I was getting a bit of chat for having Rico's name and number on my shirt...

Diego were you sat in my immediate vicinity again? Thought it was you behind me, I was getting a bit of chat for having Rico's name and number on my shirt...

Yes, sorry I didn't realise it was you - I'd forgotten who was next to me at Forest. We seem to be drawn to each other! :D

It was Mrs. Sideburns who pointed out the convenience of your hood making 'Ricketts' read as 'Rits' - I suggested converting it to 'Tricky Ricky'. Think yourself lucky you hadn't got 'Smalley' on your shirt - the young girl who had received such abuse, she could be scarred for life by those bloody morons who took it out on her when our bright prospect made a gaff. :angry:

Yes, sorry I didn't realise it was you - I'd forgotten who was next to me at Forest. We seem to be drawn to each other! :D

It was Mrs. Sideburns who pointed out the convenience of your hood making 'Ricketts' read as 'Rits' - I suggested converting it to 'Tricky Ricky'. Think yourself lucky you hadn't got 'Smalley' on your shirt - the young girl who had received such abuse, she could be scarred for life by those bloody morons who took it out on her when our bright prospect made a gaff. :angry:

She was the same one cheering those United goals in the pub. That left me a little :shock:

She was the same one cheering those United goals in the pub. That left me a little :shock:

I know who you mean.

She may well cheer ManUre goals in the pub, but she travels all over the country and never stops singing for Latics at matches. She was told to be quiet at Crewe by one particularly miserable Latics fan :mad:

I'm not saying she's perfect, but even that flaw* in her character :devilish: does not excuse the abuse to which she was subjected.

*Her mother is a Red and her dad and brother are Citeh fans, but in spite of the availability of a season ticket for her at her mother's club, she's chooses to follow Latics home and away with her other sister whenever both clubs are playing at the same time, for which I :applause1: her. If more Oldhamers did that, TTA would be able to break even.

I'm not saying she's perfect, but even that flaw* in her character :devilish: does not excuse the abuse to which she was subjected.

*Her mother is a Red and her dad and brother are Citeh fans, but in spite of the availability of a season ticket for her at her mother's club, she's chooses to follow Latics home and away with her other sister whenever both clubs are playing at the same time, for which I :applause1: her. If more Oldhamers did that, TTA would be able to break even.

Seconded...though I was too a little bemused when I saw her celebrating in the Horse and Farrier!

Oh no, fair play in the ground but cheering for the United goals left me shocked. I think it's the first time I have seen a Latics fan (in front of a number other fellow fans) do that ever!

No call for the abuse in the ground though, none at all.

you musn't reside in the main stand then??

my dad does it regular when the scores are called out at half / full time....

but as the people who sit around him know that he has had a season ticket at latics, goes to all home games and the 'odd' away game.....

but i will tell him that once the ground fills up with 'real' latics fans he will have to leave...........

this is not a pop at you BTW it's just these fans that think that you have to bleed blue.....

I think it's the first time I have seen a Latics fan (in front of a number other fellow fans) do that ever!

It's known as the naivety of youth. Others less naive may well have a liking for ManUre but they dont show it. There are many who don't join in with anti-ManUre songs.

She takes a lot of stick from us, and handles it well in the main, although yesterday she ended up in tears when Arsenal got the equaliser in 'Fergie time'. Perhaps we misjudged her ability to take it, but I think she learned a salutary lesson not to crow too loudly when in front. It's not as though she's not used to heartbreak with Latics! There have been times this season and last when she has been the only one still encouraging the Latics players, so if there is a 'most loyal fan' award, she must be in the running for it, despite also being a Red.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

but as the people who sit around him know that he has had a season ticket at latics, goes to all home games and the 'odd' away game.....

but i will tell him that once the ground fills up with 'real' latics fans he will have to leave...........

this is not a pop at you BTW it's just these fans that think that you have to bleed blue.....

I shall look for somebody jumping up and cheering next weekend :wink:

you musn't reside in the main stand then??

No.

Like I said I think it's the first time I have seen it. Not suggesting it hasn't happened or doesn't am I.

It's known as the naivety of youth. Others less naive may well have a liking for ManUre but they dont show it. There are many who don't join in with anti-ManUre songs.

I reckon it is and now knowing the circumstances it is understandable.

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

Diego,

Is the girl with Smalley on the back the one with the cap on and Glasses, just wondering where this abuse took place as I was sat not far from 3 ladies one with a Smalley shirt down near the front of the stand

cheering on United? Whatever next?!

Thanks Diego just wanted to make sure before I sent my next post.

I was sat directly behind these ladies in the first half. If the abuse you refer to is that of what I witnessed towards the end of the first half I can only presume you were not sat with them. I personally was sat right in the middle of an argument between the 3 ladies and a group of men behind me. Which started when one of the men had the audacity to critisise Taylor to which one of the girls (not the girl in the smalley shirt) decided to call the guy a "Tosser" :shock: . An arguement then took place in which these ladies certainly were not innocently set upon, infact quite the opposite - the men behind took offence to being called tossers and argued back.

The Ladies dissapeared at half time to which quite a few of nearby supporters which had heard this were all disgussing these events together. The general opinion was that the ladies should mind there own business and not involve themselves in other peoples conversations - certainly dont introduce themselves into the conversation with personal abuse :o . The opinions of others around were that they were quite often unlucky enough to be STUCK (their words) behind them.

It was also only 10 minutes before this argument that the stewards asked one of the girls to politly sit down because others couldnt see, the reply was along the lines of "get a proper job you wa*ker"

If this is not the same incident then apologies for adding my account of events but if these "Morons" you refer to deserve a mention then so do these

foul mouthed ladies.

If this is not the same incident then apologies for adding my account of events but if these "Morons" you refer to deserve a mention then so do these foul mouthed ladies.

Thanks for that NIKI. You are too kind in the use of the word "ladies". I was sat near the back of the stand and my disgust arose from what I was told.

$64,000 dollar question - did the group of men abuse the young girl vebally because of Smalley's performance and the name on her shirt?

Thanks for that NIKI. You are too kind in the use of the word "ladies". I was sat near the back of the stand and my disgust arose from what I was told.

$64,000 dollar question - did the group of men abuse the young girl vebally because of Smalley's performance and the name on her shirt?

No mention was given to Smalley in this argument before half time. The only player's mentioned in this exchange were Chris Taylor and Neil Kilkenny. Thats not to say that something was not said but I certainly did not hear it and I was in the middle of it all.

All handbags really but those "ladies :wink: " really should learn to bite their lips and keep there feeling's to themselves if they are so easily offended. A little hypacritical to be offended by fellow supporters opinions when they are so vocal in their own opinions. One would think however that only their opinions are correct :angry:

No mention was given to Smalley in this argument before half time. The only player's mentioned in this exchange were Chris Taylor and Neil Kilkenny. Thats not to say that something was not said but I certainly did not hear it and I was in the middle of it all.

All handbags really but those "ladies :wink: " really should learn to bite their lips and keep there feeling's to themselves if they are so easily offended. A little hypacritical to be offended by fellow supporters opinions when they are so vocal in their own opinions. One would think however that only their opinions are correct :angry:

Thanks again. The stewards wouldn't let them return to their seats near the front for the second half.

Know what you mean about some Latics' fans thinking only their opinions are correct! Never have truer words been written!!

I'm just wondering if these "Ladies" were the same group that sat behind me at the Forest match during the second half. Cos the one's at Forest were a group of gobby little gits that couldn't say a positive word about anybody and used the foulest language they could to voice their opinions. One in particular just moaned about not shooting and about how crap she thought Davies and Kilkenny were playing. They actually ruined what was quite an enjoyable match for me :P

I'm just wondering if these "Ladies" were the same group that sat behind me at the Forest match during the second half. Cos the one's at Forest were a group of gobby little gits that couldn't say a positive word about anybody and used the foulest language they could to voice their opinions. One in particular just moaned about not shooting and about how crap she thought Davies and Kilkenny were playing. They actually ruined what was quite an enjoyable match for me :P

The ones in question are at the front of the crowd picture at Forest in the fishal site's Gallery:

http://www.oldhamathletic.premiumtv.co.uk/...1157135,00.html

well if it's any consolation they're the birds who left their 'old school' non digital camera unattended on the bar at the Coach&Horses after the game. There might be a few surprises for them when the film is developed......

PMSL Shiny :D , what were you taking pic's of??? Doubt they will find it very funny, not sure they have ever cracked a smile