only 16days left for window transfer

Its interesting that sir alex and others dont play their 'stars'when a big game is looming,anyway,yes im much happier in the knowledge that hughes saved 2 goals against yeovil,but im sorry to say it doesnt relieve the sorrow that he will be mising for our biggest game of the season.

not sure what the priceless is a bout to be honest

Taggart and the like also have huge squads. Usually treble the size of ours and packed with internationals.

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

Sir Alex and the like also have huge squads. Usually treble the size of ours and packed with internationals.

yeh i know that,but im talking about our probably one and only 'diamond'who knows where the net is.Id have gone with wolfenden against yeovil and lets face it,if that would have happened we wouldnt finf ourselves in teh ridiculous situation we are in now- ie with one decent striker available for the biggest game of the season.

I dont get the arguement against what im saying,dont wash with me.

Hughes isn't a guarantee of us winning this Saturday. At this level regardless of who we have in the Cup a week on, the best eleven we have for a game will be the eleven put out. He was part of that. Had we won on Saturday and Hughes had scored the goal yet still been booked what would you have said then?

Point(s) at Yeovil were far more important than beating Hudds this Sat. The FA Cup is great, and a win could bring us a windfall, but league points matter most.

As for suggesting all the club is interested in is property development, you're either saying that to get a reaction (which makes you the kind of moron we REALLY can't be bothered with on here) or you actually believe it.

If it's the latter, I genuinely pity you - I'd hate to live my life as pessimistic and depressive as you must be.

Point(s) at Yeovil were far more important than beating Hudds this Sat. The FA Cup is great, and a win could bring us a windfall, but league points matter most.

As for suggesting all the club is interested in is property development, you're either saying that to get a reaction (which makes you the kind of moron we REALLY can't be bothered with on here) or you actually believe it.

If it's the latter, I genuinely pity you - I'd hate to live my life as pessimistic and depressive as you must be.

im not here to get any reaction- sorry if my thoughts have you asking that.

I disagree with your point about the more important game-i guess the gate against brighton and the gate this saturday might go some way to suggesting many more share my opinion.

one other thing,please dont lower the tone with 'i pity you comments',its a very poor way to express your opinion and is a bit silly really.

Ok, let's just say I'm finding it really, REALLY difficult to deal with your psychology. I accept I tend to come from the opposite angle of rose-tinted optimism, but honestly - you're worse than the old Coco! :o

Edited by garcon

Coco?

Everybody's favourite moaner of old, Senor_Coconut.

He promised to be positive for the rest of the year if we got our planning permission (think that was it), and to his credit he's managed it (mostly) amidst some fairly severe provocation. :grin:

Jerzy, if as you say your views are genuine I respect that - don't usually agree with them, but I'm more than happy to debate them with someone who's honest about it. It's those who tend to do it for effect (and there have been one or two) that I can't be doing with.

Everybody's favourite moaner of old, Senor_Coconut.

He promised to be positive for the rest of the year if we got our planning permission (think that was it), and to his credit he's managed it (mostly) amidst some fairly severe provocation. :grin:

Jerzy, if as you say your views are genuine I respect that - don't usually agree with them, but I'm more than happy to debate them with someone who's honest about it. It's those who tend to do it for effect (and there have been one or two) that I can't be doing with.

If you want to talk about a player who could cross a ball then look no further than a guy who played for us in the late 80's early 90's.(i'll give you a clue,no that youd need one,he had a left foot)

now compare that with what taylor delivers(and yes the player was pretty young when we signed him so we wont be having any of that 'taylor is only 20'malarky) :)

Guest sheridans_world
If you want to talk about a player who could cross a ball then look no further than a guy who played for us in the late 80's early 90's.(i'll give you a clue,no that youd need one,he had a left foot)

now compare that with what taylor delivers(and yes the player was pretty young when we signed him so we wont be having any of that 'taylor is only 20'malarky) :)

We were also two tiers higher

I wish people would stop living in the past. There are very few players in this League who can compare with those that made up the teams which brought our 'glory days'. So what's the obsession with comparing current players with those of old when we don't need players that are that good to get out of this division and more than likely won't see the likes of until we are?

I wish people would stop living in the past. There are very few players in this League who can compare with those that made up the teams which brought our 'glory days'. So what's the obsession with comparing current players with those of old when we don't need players that are that good to get out of this division and more than likely won't see the likes of until we are?

b/c i constantly hear from our fans how good he is-he clearly is not good at all.

b/c i constantly hear from our fans how good he is-he clearly is not good at all.

grammatically correct and insightful, my you are the veritable font of all knowlege....

Please define why "He clearly is not good at all" - beacuse he single handedly has not won every game and fired us back to the glory days??.... oh... we still havent shown any ambition according to your criteria either... so why are you worrying about saturday - thought you werent going to bother going anymore??

You are like a caricature of all the steroetypically negative comments coming from our fans... i honestly cant believe you are for real.

im not here to get any reaction- sorry if my thoughts have you asking that.

Of course you're not *cough*

Clearly the fact the manager and squad are away in Gillingham mean nothing to you. Oh well....

See you around the same time tomorrow with more about our failings to sign anyone. I'll predict next Tuesday will be when we make our first signing. I'd like it to be sooner as I think there are players out there....but I don't expect it to be. That's life....

Edited by boundaryblue80