Techie help please....

Blue_Guru

I have had my xbox 360 since last xmas and have always just used the regular red,yellow and white components plugged into the back of my telly in the av1 slot. I have just recently bought the VGA/HD xbox 360 lead to plug into the back of my new high definition this works a treat bringing a brilliant crystal clear picture however the lead also has two audio components red and white which when plugged in still provide no sound anyone know why this is???? I have plugged the VGA component into where a pc would go if the telly was being used as a monitor but then i think the audio components can only fit into the AV1 slot so the picture and sound are on two totally different programmes....any ideas what i am doing wrong or what i need to do? Surely if xbox are selling these leads there is a way the sound and picture can both be seen/heard at the same time....

I have had my xbox 360 since last xmas and have always just used the regular red,yellow and white components plugged into the back of my telly in the av1 slot. I have just recently bought the VGA/HD xbox 360 lead to plug into the back of my new high definition this works a treat bringing a brilliant crystal clear picture however the lead also has two audio components red and white which when plugged in still provide no sound anyone know why this is???? I have plugged the VGA component into where a pc would go if the telly was being used as a monitor but then i think the audio components can only fit into the AV1 slot so the picture and sound are on two totally different programmes....any ideas what i am doing wrong or what i need to do? Surely if xbox are selling these leads there is a way the sound and picture can both be seen/heard at the same time....

any help would be appreciated cheers amo!