Chris Taylor, Our New Kilkenny

Top of my head without giving it much thought....

Im sure that all three if not at leat two of his goals against millwall where in the six year area

So was his last goal against Brighton, just outside six yard area

His goal aginst southend...just outside the six year area

Didnt go bournemouth

Didnt go Crewe

He IS a link player...he is also a hustle and bustler....he is also a six yard goal scorer....he has scored more tap ins and close range shots than he has twenty / thirty yarders.....and he certainly SHOULD NOT be going wide for the ball......coming deep for it yes...going wide ?? are you mad ?

Now a question for you, do you go to the games ?

I wouldn't be arguing with you otherwise.

Now, Brighton - Hughesy picked the ball up out wide and ran with it, you fool! :lol: He scored from that area only. Porter was a 6-yard box man. Meaning he stays in and around that area. Look at Michael Owen if you don't understand me.

Southend, he got a flick-on, iirc, and he worked his way into the box. He wasn't waiting there.

I think you're getting confused between where a player plays, makes space etc, and where a player actually scores from.

Hughesy stretches defences by coming deep and going wide. Watch him now and again. That's his game, and that's what makes him a good player. He's comfortable doing that, hence why Shez doesn't want to stop him and Davies doing it. Why would he make a player play where they are uncomfortable?

I wouldn't be arguing with you otherwise.

Now, Brighton - Hughesy picked the ball up out wide and ran with it, you fool! :lol: He scored from that area only. Porter was a 6-yard box man. Meaning he stays in and around that area. Look at Michael Owen if you don't understand me.

Southend, he got a flick-on, iirc, and he worked his way into the box. He wasn't waiting there.

I think you're getting confused between where a player plays, makes space etc, and where a player actually scores from.

Hughesy stretches defences by coming deep and going wide. Watch him now and again. That's his game, and that's what makes him a good player. He's comfortable doing that, hence why Shez doesn't want to stop him and Davies doing it. Why would he make a player play where they are uncomfortable?

Michael Owen also goes to prove MY point !!!! Michael both creates goals for himself and waits around the six yard area... Hughes DEFO waits around the six yard area as well as createing his own goals through link up play... And you would see it more if his service wasnt so poor at times... Look back at his WBA days..... Im not denying he dosent do all the things your saying, im just disagreeing with you when you say he isnt a six yard area guy....he isnt JUST that...but that is certainly part of his game....

As for calling me a fool / do you go to the games...tut tut...grow up abit matey

Edited by oafc0000

Mate, I was joking. And, yes, I do. I, personally, see more of Hughes outside of the box/out wide than I do of him in the six-yard box. Fair enough, if you see it opposite, then I can't make you change your mind.

However, this again goes back to why we're good away, and poor at home. Away, we stretch high defences, no need for a 6-yard man. But at home, this explains why we're so disappointing - we don't have a man in there. You can't deny that because we've only scored 9 goals at BP; and that's with Liddell for a part of it.

Last season, we scored so many due to Porter's presence in the box. He didn't track all over the place, he was in and around the area we're talking about - balls were coming in. I definitely believe that if we got a similar player in, we'd see our goal tally increase.

I understand that Hughesy does get there, but it's too rare. Then again, I prefer Lee doing what he currently does.

This thread is up there with the SOD (Save Our Davies) topic of lets get as far from reality as we can. Taylor is and will never be a creative central midfielder of the Kilkenny, Wellens, Shez mould. Not comparing him with them cos I may as well compare chalk with cheese, just trying to see him in that three steps ahead, foot on the ball, drop a shoulder, pick a pass kind of player. No chance.

IF we can get Vernon plus (any) cash for him then we'll never get a better deal and I for one would be pleased if that was the extent of our transfer window activity!

E4e

NOGUD