Phew...it's not just us then!

The manager explained: “Craig has done well. His strike rate is good and he could easily have scored 18 or 19 goals already this season.

“Having said that, he needs to do better because, not being awful, sometimes I get the impression he thinks he is better than he is.

“He has lots and lots to learn, so he needs to want it more and listen more if he is going to improve as a player.

“I don’t think he played particularly well on Saturday (against Gillingham) and in the first half he frustrated me, which he has done for long periods of the season.

“He drives me mad, but he can do it if he wants it. All players are different – and Craig is definitely different from the rest!”

E4e

ENDOF

The manager explained: “Craig has done well. His strike rate is good and he could easily have scored 18 or 19 goals already this season.

“Having said that, he needs to do better because, not being awful, sometimes I get the impression he thinks he is better than he is.

“He has lots and lots to learn, so he needs to want it more and listen more if he is going to improve as a player.

“I don’t think he played particularly well on Saturday (against Gillingham) and in the first half he frustrated me, which he has done for long periods of the season.

“He drives me mad, but he can do it if he wants it. All players are different – and Craig is definitely different from the rest!”

E4e

ENDOF

Just watched the interview now... :laught16: You can tell how much Davies pishes him off... I think he is 100% right in what he's said, Davies has the potential to play in a lot bigger games than what he is but the kid just dont listen. Many times iv seen shez balling at him from the touchline just for Davies to turn round and tell him to :censored: off. Problem is with Davies as shez so rightly put he thinks he is better than what he is, he automatically thinks it will come to him without any effort. For Davies to get any better he needs to keep shut get his head down graft and learn... and he will be banging even more in.

The only fault I think Shez made was not dropping him in the spell he had when he wasn't scoring or playing well. Davies appears to be in a comfort zone as far as his position goes, why should he try harder when he's guarenteed a playing spot every match? We can answer that with 100 different reasons but to Craig, we're just a job, he gets his money and he's happy.

Just watched the interview now... :laught16: You can tell how much Davies pishes him off... I think he is 100% right in what he's said, Davies has the potential to play in a lot bigger games than what he is but the kid just dont listen. Many times iv seen shez balling at him from the touchline just for Davies to turn round and tell him to :censored: off. Problem is with Davies as shez so rightly put he thinks he is better than what he is, he automatically thinks it will come to him without any effort. For Davies to get any better he needs to keep shut get his head down graft and learn... and he will be banging even more in.

Craig is probably one one of the most skillfull players I have seen in a Latics shirt and the most frustrating one. He needs to be setting himself high targets.

We can answer that with 100 different reasons but to Craig, we're just a job, he gets his money and he's happy.

I strongly disagree with that. When people play football they play to do well, especially those who have played enough to reach the level Davies has. Players want to do well for the good of their career, ego and glory. Not to mention the prospect of earning more in the future.

Surely the only players who play for the money are old pros who have become disillsioned with the game.

E4e

ENDOF

But had Talbot or Moore had made those comments, they would have been lynched for public critisism.

FFS Sheridan, discuss with the player in private please.

Nope, he's right, some players seem to only be in it for the material nonsense that goes with being a footballer. Davies appears to be one of them. In saying that on Saturday for the first time in his life at Oldham he did actually pass when he normally would have shot so maybe there is hope for him.

If Davies is in it only for the money, he's come to the wrong club. But of course he isn't. He said when he joined us that he likes to give 100% and to be seen to be giving 100% because, in his words, fans don't come along to see lazy players. All of which suggests that he is motivated by a pride in his work ethic and professionalism, as well as cash.

But had Talbot or Moore had made those comments, they would have been lynched for public critisism.

FFS Sheridan, discuss with the player in private please.

He has many times. This is meant as a bit of a reminder to Craig to keep working hard, listen to the coaching staff and he will become the player he (sometimes) thinks he is already.

Give Shez a bit more credit than just blabbing to the press. He tends to pick certain players to either praise, or bring down a peg or two. This is basically an article/message from Shez to say - well played Craig, just don't think that you've cracked it just yet, you've still got a bit of a way to go but I know you can do it.

I don't think he's lazy, just a selfish player. No-one doubts he's got ability (as Shez doesn't). He'll be off chasing the next contract soon enough and then no doubt, a lot of you will be on here slagging him off.

I agree that Davies gives his all, but we're a bit rich at Oldham, aren't we, if we pick holes in his flaws and no others. For me, Betsy was as good if not a better player, but he shied away from tackles and he didn't track back or mark the opposition back line when they had the ball. I'll take "selfish" Davies over that any day.

Also: Mickey Quinn's whats?

Edited by 24hoursfromtulsehill