Stockport looked quality and as good as most that I have seen in our division this season.

Looked a game too far for Dale. Had Perkins been on the pitch I reckon it could have been a bit more interesting.

Agree with Derek - best game of the weekend.

Just a hunch but I don't reckon Dickenson will be at Edgeley next season. I reckon he could be heading to the Championship. Quality player.

Hard luck Dale but I reckon they will do it the less glamourous way next season and get in the top 3.

KOTK

Edited by Kingofdikebab

Thought Dickison looked decent and midfielders- Dickers and Turnbull??? Got mixed up between them....but for kids they ran it against Jones. Oh and Perkins is not that good, honest, just does the occasional mazy run and gets sent off for fun.

:blink:

Which bit of my statements about stockport being the far better team are you not agreeing with??? Was poor standard, but stockport were by far superior... Dickinson and Rowe looked great players...

It was the overall impression I got from reading this :

Im sure Ronnie Moore has had some influence in this game!

HOOF! HOOF! HOOF!

But as they said in the build up - "These are two of the best footballing sides in league 2"

:blink:

I took it that Bigfin was sarcastically agreeing with Beardy. I don't agree that it was a poor standard or HOOF ball. I thought it was a cracking game with both sides trying to play football - Stockport being the better team.

Gutted. Absolutely gutted. No other word for it.

Dale had too many players on off days and missed perkins far too much. Got battered in midfield and Jonesy was left to fend for himself. Always going to be hard to replace Perks and Hilly couldnt manage it. Stockport were a far superior side. Pace, Movement and Passing was absolutely spot on. One of the best side's i've seen this season and would have absolutely blitzed us (if we'd played how we have most of this season). Gleeson and dickinson are immense.

Sign Tommy Lee. Keep the core of the side - Stanton, McArdle, Rundle, Perks, Jonesy and Daggers and get in two fullbacks a right winger and a capable back up centre mid and I know who my moneys on next season along with darlo for promotion. Dale have had the day out they've dreamed for years of and that was one of the most enjoyable games i've seen in a while. little dale at wembley. Who'd of believed it??? I'd of taken that at the start of the season. Very Very proud to be a daley (for a change).

For those who wonder why so many Latics went down. When you get the chance to go to wembley. You'll see for yourself. That ground is unbelievable.

Like both the dale and stockport semi playoff games. A cracking advert for lower league football.

Up The Dale!

Edited by Rocky_Latic

Gutted. Absolutely gutted. No other word for it.

Dale had too many players on off days and missed perkins far too much. Got battered in midfield and Jonesy was left to fend for himself. Always going to be hard to replace Perks and Hilly couldnt manage it. Stockport were a far superior side. Pace, Movement and Passing was absolutely spot on. One of the best side's i've seen this season and would have absolutely blitzed us (if we'd played how we have most of this season). Gleeson and dickinson are immense.

Sign Tommy Lee. Keep the core of the side - Stanton, McArdle, Rundle, Perks, Jonesy and Daggers and get in two fullbacks a right winger and a capable back up centre mid and I know who my moneys on next season along with darlo for promotion. Dale have had the day out they've dreamed for years of and that was one of the most enjoyable games i've seen in a while. little dale at wembley. Who'd of believed it??? I'd of taken that at the start of the season. Very Very proud to be a daley (for a change).

For those who wonder why so many Latics went down. When you get the chance to go to wembley. You'll see for yourself. That ground is unbelievable.

Like both the dale and stockport semi playoff games. A cracking advert for lower league football.

Up The Dale!

Good day out, me and my lad loved it. The fact we were neutrals meant although we were rooting for Rochdale we weren't that bothered at the result. As Derek said on the other thread a win win situation and a better pre-match booze in relation to the town centre at Stocky. Stockport were bigger, stronger and first to every ball. Dale suffered Yeovil syndrome from last season, in the fact that they were just happy to be there. Thought the Dale fans were very quiet. Thought all three goals were avoidable with comical defending on their six yard line for the first two, and then the keeper who didn't impress me was beaten at his near post. No one stood out for for Dale, so whether Perkins would've made a difference I don't know. Head and shoulders above everybody was Liam Dickinson, exactly the sort of centre-forward we need. Big, strong, holds it up, good in the air and generally a right pain the arse. £2k??? Has to be the bargain of the season.

As for the Dale experience, well 50 coaches at Spotland, half not numbered, supposed to leave at 8, still sat there at half-past and what a shed. I know they have no experience but I reckon coaches should have been filled as people arrived that way each coach could have set off once it was full. And what a shed on wheels. Still we got there and back! Our coach had about 10 Latics on it, Blackpool, City etc... and about 10 Dale fans!

The New Wembley? I'll admit the rain did spoil it somewhat as we didn't really walk around the perimeter, so we didn't see the Bobby Moore statue or the White Horse bridge etc.. Inside? A stadium to be proud of, but it does follow the pre-requisite for an identikit shiny new ground. The old ground was a :censored:hole but it had the Twin Towers and had character. The escalators are a great idea as the walk just up to our seats right at the back nearly finished me off! And I was set next to a family of Latics fans! The food was extortionate so we didn't bother. Just a couple of Cokes and a brew, sticking with our goodies on the coach. Getting in and out was much easier too when there are only 35, 500 there. So hard luck Dale, shame but hey ho off to Stocky we go.

Oh and I may be on Channel M Friday evening on the Friday Football Show. We had a camera crew aboard our passenger carrying skip and I was interviewed, couldn't resist telling them we were Oldham fans!

Edited by oafcprozac