Millwall at home first game!

As far as I know, only a handful of Oldham and Millwall are pally with each other. The vast majority couldn't care less about us so if anything were to happen in the game (such as Lee Hughes to bag a hat-trick and celebrate in front of them for example) then I would be pretty certain there would be colourful scenes.

I think for games like these (i.e. first and last games, plus cup games etc.) Millwall travel in pretty decent numbers and make an 'occasion' of it. All other times, they bring their usual 150 up.

Donny had them on the opening day last season and there was a bit of handbags in the ground and outside. Millwall will indeed bring a few. They took nearing a thousand to Donny and the Lee Hughes factor is going to be appealing to a big number of them.

As for trouble free zone. Doubtful the police will take that approach and mentality. Especially next season given that the majority of away fans will have to pass home fans after games to get to there coaches. Take Swansea last season for instance. They'd of never have brought that many fans up on a normal saturday and they came with pretty much every nutter from the valleys bouncing down the away end trying to get at the Paddock and after the game. First away trip for most clubs are far more attractive to clubs fans than others - which is why you get more than the odd few idiots associated with said club. It'll be no different i'd guess with us at Leeds the following week.

Didnt a Millwall fan/lad used to own Harry's Bar in Oldham at one point? At least I seem to recall it a few years ago when I first started going out in Oldham.

"You've done more time...........You've done mooooooore timeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Than Lee Hughes......You've done more Time"

Millwall Herberts will be causing havoc on thier summer Hols abroad hopefully :angry:

Millwall fans reckon their bringing between 900-1100.

Millwall as in the boys wont see this as an occasion to come out of retirement, but the ones that do make the journey will have more than a few choice words to say to our number 9.

No major trouble.

• 4 weeks later...