the specials are back!

hearing good things about from the jam.

my favourite band of all time,but i have resisted the urge to see them in case it falls flat on me....will need to think about it again on their next visit to manchester.

read a foxton interview the other day,recording new stuff and he's kissed and made up with weller-seeing each other and being social again....but weller is stopping short of guesting etc.

at least that says theres a bit of nod from him to from the jam.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hearing good things about from the jam.

my favourite band of all time,but i have resisted the urge to see them in case it falls flat on me....will need to think about it again on their next visit to manchester.

read a foxton interview the other day,recording new stuff and he's kissed and made up with weller-seeing each other and being social again....but weller is stopping short of guesting etc.

at least that says theres a bit of nod from him to from the jam.

Went last year to see them in Northampton spot on :D

Only 4 ft from the stage with beer flying around takes me back 30 years

Just a bit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Been watching my old Dance Craze video. Health and Safety will make the 2009 version very different but as I was too young first time round it will do for me!

While I'm on the subject, surely 2009 is the time for a DVD release of Dance Craze - would love to see never-seen-before footage (of which there must be loads). Apparently there was a documentary on Two Tone shown on TV circa 1979 that is yet to see the light of day (unless anyone knows otherwise?).

Warwickshire Latics in particular may like to know (or may know more than me???) that there will be a series of events in Coventry to celebrate the 30th Anniversary of Two Tone, details yet to be announced.

While I'm on the subject, surely 2009 is the time for a DVD release of Dance Craze - would love to see never-seen-before footage (of which there must be loads). Apparently there was a documentary on Two Tone shown on TV circa 1979 that is yet to see the light of day (unless anyone knows otherwise?).

Warwickshire Latics in particular may like to know (or may know more than me???) that there will be a series of events in Coventry to celebrate the 30th Anniversary of Two Tone, details yet to be announced.

see me! B)

Heard something along them lines

Will post if any info or wait for Johnny Punkster & You to up-date me

By the way Coventry is not a ghost town anymore it's now a Toilet

• 4 months later...

ok...

the the band are ultra tight..brass section sounds top form and a nice full sound all around.

the new guy on the keyboards does what it says on the tin.

the whole band(barring obviously hall !) are dancing around like silly buggers!

only thing i could pick on was some sections of halls vocals.

first song was gangsters.. he tries to "sing" it, not as originally recorded and sung live,were he more just sing in a punky "i dont care style".he was struggling with notes at places.

the rest of the set,man at c&a,message to you rudi and little bitch,he's back to "hall style" vocals.

then they do a second take of gangsters..and he's doing it again!!

very odd and just sounds average.

holland has a quick interview with horace,lynval and roddy...touches on the absence of dammers.

"we asked him to join but it didn't work out..but lets not talk about that!" says horace.

holland replies that he spoke to dammers that day and he "wasn't pleased" about them using the name "specials".

they laugh it off(roddy says "god bless him-we love him!) and nothing comes to it.

swiftly brushed aside.

besides other bits,they seem very happy its come together.

the dammers saga,i'm sure will rage on and on.

how did it go?

72 hours to go!!

"are you ready? ...start stompin'!"

oafc_ok cannot access t'internet at present. He said the Birmingham gig was fantastic. He had been advised by someone who had been the night before not to wear anything smart. He was wet through by the end of the gig.

He wouldn't watch the Jools Holland show appearance by The Specials in case it spoiled the gig. If you don't mind seeing what it was like in Birmingham in advance of your gig, here's a link to BBC Midlands Today exclusive coverage from Monday.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/puffbox/hyperpu...and/8021671.stm

i'm aching all over!

absolutely suberb night..just brilliant!

terry hall was one absolute top form and seemed very emotional about it all.

i just hope they keep this tour going longer.

"enjoy yourself!"

Sounds like a 'Special' night...

Can you remember what time they came on?

Dont want to leave the pub too soon/late..

Thanks

=======================================

Edited by DavidCollinge

Sounds like a 'Special' night...

Can you remember what time they came on?

Dont want to leave the pub too soon/early..

Thanks

=======================================

on about 9:10,finished about 10:45.

i'd get it about 8:30,you'll still be able to get down towards the front area then if standing.

hope to get a boot of it soon!

Edited by johnny punkster

• 1 month later...