Our fan chat to Tranmere

Is it Lookers Carl?

What is you name and for how long have you supported Oldham Athletic?

My name is Carl Clare and I have been supporting Oldham for 15 years.

ABOUT YOUR CLUB

What is your most memorable Oldham Athletic moment/match?

It has to be beating Everton at Goodison Park last year as considering Everton's form and league position at the time, an upset was not even contemplated.

Your worst moment supporting Oldham Athletic?

Nearly going to the wall in 2003, and seeing our best players such as Fitz Hall, Chris Armstrong (recently sold from sheff utd to reading for 500k) and ex Tranmere player Clint Hill to name a few sold for peanuts by the man who almost bankrupt us, Chris M**e (he is like voldermort on the Oldham Messageboards, we do not speak his name ;) )

In your eyes who is Oldham Athletic's All-Time Greatest Player and why?

In my era, has to be Andy Ritchie. Knew where the goal was and his all round play in general was superb.

Taxi For? (To which Player would you pay a Taxi Fare to leave the Club?)

There is not a player at the moment who I would like to leave the club because of their lack of footballing ability. However, the likes of JP Kalala and John Thompson have not even been making the 16 and with all due respect to them, they could probably walk into the starting 11 of many other clubs in this division.

Which Oldham Athletic player can do most damage to Tranmere Rovers on Saturday?

Lee Hughes. Knows where the goal is, nuff said really. Only Also look out for Chris Taylor, can beat players for fun.

Is John Sheridan the right man to get Oldham Athletic out of League One?

I would say yes. Shez got us to the playoffs in his first season in charge and got us to 8th last season, which considering the injuries we had was nothing short of a minor miracle (forget the exact numbers, but on more than one occasion we could only name four subs).

Hopefully, he has learned from his mistakes from last season. He has certainly brought in some very good players over the summer such as Danny Whitaker from Port Vale, and Greg Fleming from Gretna as a long term replacement for Mark Crossley.

LEAGUE ONE VIEWS

What is your Top Two Prediction for League One this season?

Definitely do not think Leeds will walk this division as many other people and pundits seem to think, that's for sure. They need to show sides in this division more respect (both players and fans) instead of going into every game expecting to walk it. At this moment in time I would go for Leicester as Champs, with us or another outsider in 2nd.

Play-Off Winners?

Really couldn't say. If we make the playoffs I would not say us as the four times we have made them we have been knocked out in the semis. If the top two finishes as I think, then I will for one of the bigger clubs who failed to get automatic, such as Leeds or Leicester. If not them then I would go for Brighton.

Your tip for the Bottom Four places?

Has to be Hereford, Crewe, Cheltenham and Stockport.

THE TWO CLUBS

Where do you think Oldham Athletic will finish this season?

Top 6, possibly automatic if we can maintain consistency and our current form.

Do you think Tranmere will be Promoted/Relegated from League One and why?

Think Tranmere will be upper mid table. Think you are a cut above some teams, and have some proven quality at this level in the form of Shuker and Greenacre, although I think you need to be looking to bring in better players than Baz Savage if you want to push for the playoffs.

How have ex-Rovers Reuben Hazell and John Thompson been performing for Oldham this season?

Reuben has been a rock, very steady central defender, doesn't make a lot of mistakes, and compliments Gregan well. Thommo has not really had a fair crack of the whip. He has had very bad luck with injuries in his time here, when he has played he hasn't been 100 percent fit.

We definitely have not seen the best of him but he has been transfer listed as he will have a job getting back in the team as he is currently 4th choice centre half. Would not surprise me to see him back in the white and blue of Tranmere as he was always quite popular at Tranmere?

What is your Prediction for Saturday's game between the sides?

Im going for a 2-2 draw.

Any other comments to add?

Thanks very much for your time and enjoy the game (but not too much) and good luck for the rest of the Season after Saturday.

Thanks very much to you Carl for taking the time to answer these questions and good luck for the rest of the season after Saturday (except for our visit to Boundary Park in March!)

Here's my answers...(suprisingly similar)

What is you name and for how long have you supported Oldham Athletic?

Kieran, 17 years

ABOUT YOUR CLUB

What is your most memorable Oldham Athletic moment/match?

Beating Everton at Goodison Park last year/Millwall a few weeks before/Beating Man U in 1993

Your worst moment supporting Oldham Athletic?

Relegation from premierhsip

In your eyes who is Oldham Athletic's All-Time Greatest Player and why?

Andy Ritchie/Roger Palmer/Neil Redfearn - in my time

Taxi For? (To which Player would you pay a Taxi Fare to leave the Club?)

No-one

Which Oldham Athletic player can do most damage to Tranmere Rovers on Saturday?

Lee Hughes

Is John Sheridan the right man to get Oldham Athletic out of League One?

Definately

LEAGUE ONE VIEWS

What is your Top Two Prediction for League One this season?

Leicester, Oldham

Play-Off Winners?

MK Dons?

Your tip for the Bottom Four places?

Not bothered as long as it's not us. I'd like it to include tranmere, millwall and leeds but it wont happen

THE TWO CLUBS

Where do you think Oldham Athletic will finish this season?

Top 3

Do you think Tranmere will be Promoted/Relegated from League One and why?

7-8th

How have ex-Rovers Reuben Hazell and John Thompson been performing for Oldham this season?

Reuben has been good, don’t know about thompson

What is your Prediction for Saturday's game between the sides?

1-0 oldham

Any other comments to add?

We're better off without Moore, so would you be