SS1 - Big League Weekend 1

Anybody watch the 830 edition on Sky Sports 3. Thought I was going mad. Cut to the break before us then never came back on!!! Happen to anyone else or have I had one to many carlings????

No happened to me too got something about ice skating in Sheffield and classic cricket England v India WTF

No happened to me too got something about ice skating in Sheffield and classic cricket England v India WTF

Thank god for that thought i was goin mental. How annoying. Ive set the Sky + to record the one on about 11ish on SS1. Hopefully that one has the full programme. Obviously Sky dont tell u when somethings cocked up just put other stuff on which meant i sat their like a lemon having a rant at the missus for 20 bloody minutes lol

Was a good article. Shez spoke, Crossley talked about the blend of youth and experience and Corney outlined the problems financially.

Did you honestly think so?

I thought it was pretty embarrassing.... it may be the truth, but to be honest i'd rather have the positives of the situation plastered all over national TV, rather than the fact we cant afford to even give our players lunch.... I was cringing through most of it... made us look like the poorest team in the league - which I know is not the case!

Thought the angle they took was - "look at little over-achieving Oldham, it will never last - especially when Leeds and leicester are in this division" ....

Liked Dowie's comments though, and good to see Chrissy taylor getting some credit - the REAL league 1 player of the month...

Guest sheridans_world
Did you honestly think so?

I thought it was pretty embarrassing.... it may be the truth, but to be honest i'd rather have the positives of the situation plastered all over national TV, rather than the fact we cant afford to even give our players lunch.... I was cringing through most of it... made us look like the poorest team in the league - which I know is not the case!

Thought the angle they took was - "look at little over-achieving Oldham, it will never last - especially when Leeds and leicester are in this division" ....

Liked Dowie's comments though, and good to see Chrissy taylor getting some credit - the REAL league 1 player of the month...

I'm sad to say thats one of the thoughts I had. Whats the point in saying that we only feed our players on a thursday and friday? There was no need for that. As for Simon Corney, i'm afraid his banging on about 6000 fans at BP is getting old. People are going to get driven away by his moaning if he isnt careful. I understand they dont want to be losing money but moaning about it isnt going to help. Why dont they employ some of the incentives detailed on here before? That might get some fans in the ground quicker than 'well we need 6000 so please turn up'.

I was impressed with the Taylor segment, actually showed me what he's done this season (even though I've seen it with my own eyes!) and he is a damn good player. Hopefully raised his askin price a little! :grin:

After watching sky sports why has Simon used the media to highlight our financial problems, just means more vultures will be hovering around BP in January with daft offers.

I think our internal financial pressures should be kept within the club..

PS- Watching that emabarrasing clip was like when my mum pulled out a wedding video from 25 years ago and I was dancing to wig wam bam for my supprise 30th b day.

After watching sky sports why has Simon used the media to highlight our financial problems, just means more vultures will be hovering around BP in January with daft offers.

I think our internal financial pressures should be kept within the club..

PS- Watching that emabarrasing clip was like when my mum pulled out a wedding video from 25 years ago and I was dancing to wig wam bam for my supprise 30th b day.

:blink: All he was saying is that we need more people coming through the gates each week. I think that's pretty reasonable statement to make.

Anyone know where I can see this online?

I couldn't care less if there are daft offers around in January - we won't accept them.

Can't say that conclusively, a "daft offer" is money a club like us can't really afford to turn down.

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies