Add-ons Disabled

oafc_ok

I'm not quite sure how I've done it but I've managed to lose the "Internet Explorer" icon off my desktop and replaced it with an icon that says "Internet Explorer (No Add Ons)". I now appear to be having problems watching highlights on LW and am wondering if it is connected. The help menu says "To allow add-ons to run again, close Internet Explorer and restart it normally". Starting it normally involves clicking the icon on my desktop, which obviously just opens it without add ons. I've looked through the Start menu to try to open Internet Explorer another way, but there doesn't seem to be one. I've also gone through Tools>Internet Options>Programs> Manage Add-ons, but that just shows a list of Add-ons that are all enabled - no option to turn add-ons on.

Can anyone please tell me

a) Are my LW problems likely to be add-on related?

B) How I can turn add-ons on again?

Thanks

No Addons is an IE safe mode, it uses a command line switch -extoff. To restore IE to normal operation, right click the shortcut on your desktop> click the SHORTCUT tab > look in the TARGET textbox > at the end of the TARGET command you will see -extoff > just delete this bit > You can rename the shortcut if you want at this stage, it's not crucial to do so, it is not the reason why IE is in safemode. Click APPLY > OK and run IE normally. Should be okay.

It looks like you've managed to get the safe mode shortcut on the desktop for some reason.

No Addons is an IE safe mode, it uses a command line switch -extoff. To restore IE to normal operation, right click the shortcut on your desktop> click the SHORTCUT tab > look in the TARGET textbox > at the end of the TARGET command you will see -extoff > just delete this bit > You can rename the shortcut if you want at this stage, it's not crucial to do so, it is not the reason why IE is in safemode. Click APPLY > OK and run IE normally. Should be okay.

It looks like you've managed to get the safe mode shortcut on the desktop for some reason.

Excellent - thank you very much for that - it's worked.

Cheers