graham turner

anybody noticed how long oppo. managers have lasted after weve given em a pasting.

I remember gary megson at forest best of all for this stat,cheltenhams boss didnt last much longer (about a week i think), and ive noticed it happening on a few other occassions, although I cant name em.

Does anyone have any facts?

So how long for Graham Turner? Or arent we regarded as a jokey/benchmarch as which oppo managers are graded by their peers.

Opinions anyone.

I have noticed this as well and I do kinda feel its a bit insulting - "getting turned over by Oldham, Oldham of all teams - thats the last straw, your sacked".

Thing is nobody gets 'sacked' in the normal sense do they in football. Sacked is getting your contract paid off and not having to work.

Guest sheridans_world

Yea I can see the conversation now:

Graham Turner (Owner): I think you know why I have called you here Graham

Graham Turner (Manager): No, why's that?

Graham Turner (Owner): The result against Oldham was unacceptable and I have no choice but to let you go.

Graham Turner (Manager): You can't boss, its Oldham, they're going to get promotion this season

Graham Turner (Owner):Well I'm afraid its one bad result too many.

Graham Turner (Manager): But.... but..... you cant sack me..... I'm part of you!

Graham Turner (Owner): Oh... yea...

I have noticed this as well and I do kinda feel its a bit insulting - "getting turned over by Oldham, Oldham of all teams - thats the last straw, your sacked".

Thing is nobody gets 'sacked' in the normal sense do they in football. Sacked is getting your contract paid off and not having to work.

cheers mate; thats the line of answer i was looking for, i wasnt after turners neck. I just wanted to know why after us.