Never let it be said that ALL Scotsmen are tight!

I went out for lunch today with Mrs. S and the secretary with whom I used to work. There were three businessmen on the adjoining table, one of whom interrupted us when I was talking about Scotland. The cheeky get had been eavesdropping and, as he was a Scotsman, he started to join in the conversation. Inevitably we got on to football and Latics. He was with a Liverpool fan and a self-confessed 'plastic ManUre fan'. The Scotsman was the prime mover in the business meeting and, in my inimitable way, I scored lots of banter points during the conversation. They were impressed at what being a diehard football fan is like at our level, and we got on with them famously. When they had gone, I felt satisfaction that the result was Scotland 0 England 1.

When we came to ask for the bill, which was over £60, the waitress said that the Scotsman had paid it for us! :England:

So I concede that the result was really Scotland 2 England 1. :Scotland:

He's left the three of us with a different impression of the Scots and he showed that all Rangers fans are not like slurms mckenzie - only joking! :wink:

I went out for lunch today with Mrs. S and the secretary with whom I used to work. There were three businessmen on the adjoining table, one of whom interrupted us when I was talking about Scotland. The cheeky get had been eavesdropping and, as he was a Scotsman, he started to join in the conversation. Inevitably we got on to football and Latics. He was with a Liverpool fan and a self-confessed 'plastic ManUre fan'. The Scotsman was the prime mover in the business meeting and, in my inimitable way, I scored lots of banter points during the conversation. They were impressed at what being a diehard football fan is like at our level, and we got on with them famously. When they had gone, I felt satisfaction that the result was Scotland 0 England 1.

When we came to ask for the bill, which was over £60, the waitress said that the Scotsman had paid it for us! :England:

So I concede that the result was really Scotland 2 England 1. :Scotland:

He's left the three of us with a different impression of the Scots and he showed that all Rangers fans are not like slurms mckenzie - only joking! :wink:

But where did that money come from? Was this business meeting more like, in the vernacular, a "meet" or "parlez"? Where did the money come from if the guy was handing it around so freely? Far be it from me to propagate a slander, but were the friendly Scots talking about their thriving ice-cream distribution networks?

But where did that money come from? Was this business meeting more like, in the vernacular, a "meet" or "parlez"? Where did the money come from if the guy was handing it around so freely? Far be it from me to propagate a slander, but were the friendly Scots talking about their thriving ice-cream distribution networks?

You've been mixing with politicians for too long. :blink: