How good are we really?

and if its true we have a big drink culture at the club.

I'm not saying you are wrong Ed, but you've referred to this a few times and I'm wondering if there is anything to it? It's no secret that Tommy and Shez can put them away, and do so, but they have put their boots away. We'll find out the full story with Gregan in good time no doubt, but I doubt he had dragged the youth team over to Harrogate for a session the night before he was stopped. Given that we have spies all over the NW to the extent that a player can't buy a pack of Taste The Difference salad leaves without it being up on here before he gets home, I'm not sure there is a lot behind it. KK liked a jar or 17 by all accounts, Hughes has been seen having a pint, although I don't know if to excess, I'm not sure what else? Irecall seeing them come into the Grey Mare all the time in the early 90s and have a couple of pints, it was never a scandal then.

I'm not saying you are wrong Ed, but you've referred to this a few times and I'm wondering if there is anything to it? It's no secret that Tommy and Shez can put them away, and do so, but they have put their boots away. We'll find out the full story with Gregan in good time no doubt, but I doubt he had dragged the youth team over to Harrogate for a session the night before he was stopped. Given that we have spies all over the NW to the extent that a player can't buy a pack of Taste The Difference salad leaves without it being up on here before he gets home, I'm not sure there is a lot behind it. KK liked a jar or 17 by all accounts, Hughes has been seen having a pint, although I don't know if to excess, I'm not sure what else? Irecall seeing them come into the Grey Mare all the time in the early 90s and have a couple of pints, it was never a scandal then.

the trouble with the 90's is that it was acceptable then as we were still trying to move forward from the 70's and 80's were it was encouraged at times.

and yes you are correct that the likes of shez and tommy no longer play...but they are the managment team,and they should be setting an example and discouraging it.

the odd night out midweek is fine,however nights before games and the like isnt,with everybody knowing the full facts about how drink affects your body you will most likely find the most successful teams dont have a big drink culture,thats not to say they never indulge,but in moderation.

i dont think for one moment hughes would allow himself to get caught off his box,as the backlash would be horrendous for him.