Oldham Athletic

So we're out of the cup - big financial loss - Chairmen getting frustrated etc etc etc...

We were never going to win the cup - we have no right in getting to the 3rd round and a big club purely on the "size and depth" of our squad.

I think Shez hit the nail on the head when he said some of the lads aren't pulling their weight - it is his job to make sure that doesn't happen though!!

We're 5 points off the automatic place for promotion - I'd take being knocked out of the cup by a non-leaguer if it meant promotion!!

Please give Shez a chance - he's still learning - I can see what he was trying to do with Greagan as holding anchor man in mid-field - has been p*ss poor at the back (lack of pace and switching off etc) but need his presence / experience on the pitch. So it didn't work, at least we're trying things.

Byfield and Alessandra will be good partnership Saturday, it is a game we can and should win. Have looked at stats for all our defeats - apart from the Stockport match - on paper we've been the better team - more shots on / off goal, more corners, more possession. I know you don't win matches on paper but it shows we're doing the right things and if we keep believing the form will turn round! At least we're creating the chances - Cheltenham had x3 shots on goal the whole match!! That don't boad well for the future for them (IMO).

We'll do it lads - just keep believing!

Please give Shez a chance - he's still learning - I can see what he was trying to do with Greagan as holding anchor man in mid-field - has been p*ss poor at the back (lack of pace and switching off etc) but need his presence / experience on the pitch. So it didn't work, at least we're trying things.

Still learning? He has already said he knows he has to get us promoted this season, so to me that says he hasnt got time to learn. He hasnt just got the job he has been here a few seasons and should know his job. I am a fan of Shez but lately some of his decisions have been poor and are costing us games

So we're out of the cup - big financial loss - Chairmen getting frustrated etc etc etc...

We were never going to win the cup - we have no right in getting to the 3rd round and a big club purely on the "size and depth" of our squad.

What? We have no 'right' to beat cheltenham and morecambe with the 'best squad we have had since Dowie' - Balls. yes we do.

I think Shez hit the nail on the head when he said some of the lads aren't pulling their weight - it is his job to make sure that doesn't happen though!!

Exactly. Yet another thing Shez is right royally :censored: ing up at the moment. Motivation, Controlling his players, selection, transfers, basic formations, playing players in right positions etc...

Please give Shez a chance - he's still learning

When you learn something, you tend to put it into practice, and not do the same things again and again, season in season out. Doesnt wash with me anymore.

I can see what he was trying to do with Greagan as holding anchor man in mid-field - has been p*ss poor at the back (lack of pace and switching off etc) but need his presence / experience on the pitch. So it didn't work, at least we're trying things.

'at least we are trying things' what? Are we some sort of crisis team, scapping to field a side? It sodding feel like it. Trying things? How about playing players in their positions, not loaning players out needlessly, and motivating players.... as for gregan in central midfield - well yeah, brilliant, cos that relaly worked last time we did it at swindon last season...

Byfield and Alessandra will be good partnership Saturday, it is a game we can and should win. Have looked at stats for all our defeats - apart from the Stockport match - on paper we've been the better team - more shots on / off goal, more corners, more possession. I know you don't win matches on paper but it shows we're doing the right things and if we keep believing the form will turn round! At least we're creating the chances - Cheltenham had x3 shots on goal the whole match!! That don't boad well for the future for them (IMO).

Sorry - that fell to pieces with the 'on paper' statement. Brillaint. On paper you dont get your midfield taken apart because you fail to do the basics. We arent doing the right things. We are playing like crap and expecting whomever is upfront to work miracles. As you say, lets hop this happens on saturday so we can all sick our heads in the sand again and pretend everything is nice and pretty.

Again. Its not about the fact it cant be turned around. I'm just left baffled again by terrible decision that have cost us a football match. That is not learning.

Edited by BigfinLatic

Yet another thing Shez is right royally :censored: ing up at the moment. Motivation, Controlling his players, selection, transfers, basic formations, playing players in right positions etc...

When you learn something, you tend to put it into practice, and not do the same things again and again, season in season out. Doesnt wash with me anymore.

So we look forward to Saturday and another away day at Southend.

Byfield and Hughes to start up front - pretty decent front pairing.

Let's give Lee a chance in the middle of the park - Maher will be fired up so it looks like Allott to make way.

Liddell should start with Taylor on the opposite flank.

Gregan - looked more like his old self last night when moved backwards (and I felt that he was ok in the middle). Still the best partner for Rubes.

Crossley keeps his place.

It's the full backs that worry me: Jones is a shadow of the player that we first saw at Stockport - time to drop him to the bench and maybe use him as an impact player late on. Lomax - steady. Eardley - needs to step up again.

So this lot to start:

Crossley, Eardley, Hazell, Gregan, Lomax, Liddell, Maher, Lee, Taylor, Hughes, Byfield

the bench:

Fleming, Jones, Stam, Alessandra, Allott

Fire 'em up Shez and get them working hard - sticking to the basics and we can turn this around :wink: