City & Utd Adverts on here & Official?

After lasts nights disappointing turnout why the feck are OWTB advertising the derby match and premiership football on here?

It’s a sky add and fair enough if the revenue is desperately needed but it does leave a bitter taste in the mouth when you see it on the official site too especially when its our neighbours.

I got lambasted when I posted a link to free commentary for a Latics match and joked about staying in to watch champions league football but why would we want fellow Latics to watch the derby and encourage them to watch premiership football on TV?

Could somebody tell me how much we get for that add and if its worth seeing the bloody club badges of the Manc teams on our website and fans forum?

Part of the deal with the Football league/Latics that adverts are on this board.

Without that adverting space this site would not exist rigth now. It reached the stage were owtb staff couldn't keep putting their hands in their own pockets / or beg for donations to pay the costs for your or everyone elses free enjoyment

Part of the PTV deal with the Football league / Latics that adverts are on this and the OB.

Can't say I have issues .... with it

I was Gutted when I saw that on here & Official but fair enough if its part of a bigger deal.

I guess its just part of being a small club with bigger neighbours, hardly reaching their target Audience though ( I hope lol)

After lasts nights disappointing turnout why the feck are OWTB advertising the derby match and premiership football on here?

It’s a sky add and fair enough if the revenue is desperately needed but it does leave a bitter taste in the mouth when you see it on the official site too especially when its our neighbours.

I got lambasted when I posted a link to free commentary for a Latics match and joked about staying in to watch champions league football but why would we want fellow Latics to watch the derby and encourage them to watch premiership football on TV?

Could somebody tell me how much we get for that add and if its worth seeing the bloody club badges of the Manc teams on our website and fans forum?

I would expect that Latics will get little choice about what ads get served on the website. Its likely whoever is running Skys Display ads will have a deal with an ad server and it will pretty much automatically serve a football ad on a football site since its likely a lot of their target audience wil be on there. Not much you can really do.