Rochdale Youth Team

Guest M_OAFC

Our youths play away to them in the league tomorrow morning so with the big boys out of action I might go and watch the kids if 'Dale don't play too far out of the way.

I think Chadderton v Bootle in the Vodkat League First Division Cup will provide my afternoon footy fix. At this time of year it is vitally important to find as many excuses as you can not to go shopping. Shopping is a chore and not a leisure activity, contrary to what many people would have you believe.

Our youths play away to them in the league tomorrow morning so with the big boys out of action I might go and watch the kids if 'Dale don't play too far out of the way.

I think Chadderton v Bootle in the Vodkat League First Division Cup will provide my afternoon footy fix. At this time of year it is vitally important to find as many excuses as you can not to go shopping. Shopping is a chore and not a leisure activity, contrary to what many people would have you believe.

I can actually answer my own question. According to the youth team fixture list on 'Dale's website, although it is officially their home game they have switched it to our usual home venue for some reason, namely the training ground at Chapel Road so that's a nice bonus.

where abouts do Chadderton play mate?

It's called Broadway stadium. The main stand runs parallell to Broadway along the side of the pitch and there is a turnstile on Broadway itself but the main entrance where the dressing rooms, bar, refreshment hut, toilets etc are located is actually behind one of the goals on Andrew Street and once inside the ground you are free to move around all 4 sides of it so unless they are expecting a particularly big crowd they only need to open one turnstile and it's always the Andrew Street one so if you're thinking of going you want to be heading for Andrew Street really.

To find Andrew Street you need to get on to Middleton Road. Once on Middleton Road the turning you are looking for is called Butterworth Street.

If you are travelling along Middleton Road in the direction of Middleton then Butterworth Street is the last turning on your right before you cross Broadway, but if you are travelling along Middleton Road in the direction of Oldham then Butterworth Street is the first turning on your left after you have crossed Broadway.

Once on Butterworth Street it's only a very short side street and you'll actually be able to see the back of the building which houses the bar, dressing rooms etc in front of you at the end of the road.

Just follow Butterworth Street to the minor T-junction at the end and the road that then crosses in front of you is Andrew Street. If you turn right there then there's usually room to park somewhere along Andrew Street. There's no restrictions or double yellows or anything.

Just after you turn in to Andrew Street you will also notice on your left that there is a little gate immediately to the right of the football club building. That's the turnstile so once you've parked up that's where you need to head.

You'll also notice a big gate further to the right of the small gate. That is the entrance to the car park which is free, you just pay your admission fee to the car park attendant instead of at the turnstile becasue the car park is actually inside the grounds of the stadium. However when parking there the likelihood of your car copping a whack off a fast moving football is pretty high so for the sake of walking no more than 50 yards I'd stick to Andrew Street if I were you but it's your choice.

Alternatively try to find a means of getting there without driving so you can have a few scoops in the bar after the game. You get quite a few Latics fans watching Chaddy on the odd occasion we don't have a game. Everyone piles in to the bar at full time to check the results come in on TV followed by the live evening kick off and a bit of a banter over a few beers which are reasonably priced and the atmosphere is friendly so there are plenty worse places to have a drink.

Admission is £4 if I remember rightly. Certainly no more than a fiver.

If you do go I'll see you there.

Edited by M_OAFC

It's called Broadway stadium. The main stand runs parallell to Broadway along the side of the pitch and there is a turnstile on Broadway itself but the main entrance where the dressing rooms, bar, refreshment hut, toilets etc are located is actually behind one of the goals on Andrew Street and once inside the ground you are free to move around all 4 sides of it so unless they are expecting a particularly big crowd they only need to open one turnstile and it's always the Andrew Street one so if you're thinking of going you want to be heading for Andrew Street really.

To find Andrew Street you need to get on to Middleton Road. Once on Middleton Road the turning you are looking for is called Butterworth Street.

If you are travelling along Middleton Road in the direction of Middleton then Butterworth Street is the last turning on your right before you cross Broadway, but if you are travelling along Middleton Road in the direction of Oldham then Butterworth Street is the first turning on your left after you have crossed Broadway.

Once on Butterworth Street it's only a very short side street and you'll actually be able to see the back of the building which houses the bar, dressing rooms etc in front of you at the end of the road.

Just follow Butterworth Street to the minor T-junction at the end and the road that then crosses in front of you is Andrew Street. If you turn right there then there's usually room to park somewhere along Andrew Street. There's no restrictions or double yellows or anything.

Just after you turn in to Andrew Street you will also notice on your left that there is a little gate immediately to the right of the football club building. That's the turnstile so once you've parked up that's where you need to head.

You'll also notice a big gate further to the right of the small gate. That is the entrance to the car park which is free, you just pay your admission fee to the car park attendant instead of at the turnstile becasue the car park is actually inside the grounds of the stadium. However when parking there the likelihood of your car copping a whack off a fast moving football is pretty high so for the sake of walking no more than 50 yards I'd stick to Andrew Street if I were you but it's your choice.

Alternatively try to find a means of getting there without driving so you can have a few scoops in the bar after the game. You get quite a few Latics fans watching Chaddy on the odd occasion we don't have a game. Everyone piles in to the bar at full time to check the results come in on TV followed by the live evening kick off and a bit of a banter over a few beers which are reasonably priced and the atmosphere is friendly so there are plenty worse places to have a drink.

Admission is £4 if I remember rightly. Certainly no more than a fiver.

If you do go I'll see you there.

In normal bloke directions..............across the road from Asda :D