Free kick spray introduced in Argentina

just read this.

i've 2 points.

1/what if the defenders are arseing around,holding up play-the line disappears and the ref has to start again...

2/why can't the ref just act according to the rules anyway and book encrouching players and retake the free kick?

more razzmatazz than a useful thing...i'm more surprised its not come out of usa instead of argentina

just read this.

i've 2 points.

1/what if the defenders are arseing around,holding up play-the line disappears and the ref has to start again...

The ref would just respray it.

2/why can't the ref just act according to the rules anyway and book encrouching players and retake the free kick?

I fully agree!

I can see the benefit of this though, we have all seen free kicks where the wall is clearly not 10 yards away, if used properly this could help refs as if they mark out the 10 yards, spray, then if a player is in front of the line when the ball is played no one can have any argument about the booking.

QUOTE(johnny punkster)

just read this.

i've 2 points.

QUOTE(Beag Teets)

The ref would just respray it.

i'll rephrase that-what i mean is:

if the point of spraying the line,getting the wall back,watching the usual hooo-haaa then after 30 second it has to be resprayed because its disappeared...so,the ref,having got into his position for the free kick,has to return back to the wall(who by this time will have grabbed back a yard or 2),the ref re-stepped the 10 yard and then the whole process starts again,it becomes a farce.